Disney World whooped our butts!
We hit 3 of 4 parks and walked just under 23 miles as we walked from attraction to attraction from Saturday afternoon to Monday night. It was so much fun getting to visit Disney for our honeymoon/1 year wedding anniversary celebration.
It was so great getting to visit Disney without Autumn. I know that sounds weird since Disney is made for families but it gave us some good ‘us time’ to enjoy the rides Autumn is too small to go on. Plus, it allowed us to scout out things prior to having a feisty 2 1/2 year old with us.
Now we know what it’s like getting to and from the resorts, through security, the layout of the parks, and what so us our 3 Fast Pass + reservations on.
Disney is such a fantastic place. We can’t wait to get back there and to bring Autumn with us so she gets to overdose on Mickey and Minnie. She loves Mickey and this clubhouse gang so we hope she is excited seeing them and not freaked out like how she was in December when she saw them dressed up in Times Square. ha!
Autumn is free until she turns 3 in November so we will be sure to bring her soon!
Anyway, on to the important stuff.. Bacon Feta Guacamole!!!
I think that this might be the best guacamole I’ve ever made. Hot damn.
I was inspired by Amanda’s Avocado Feta Salsa when I made this. I love feta so much so I wanted to give adding it to guac a try to just jazz that up. And then I realized we had bacon, so I decided to add that in. Naturally.
It’s a great combination of the creamy avocado with the crunchy bacon. And the saltiness of the feta ties it all together.
If you love guacamole and you love yourself then you need to make this guac. Treat yourself. It’s epic.
Bacon Feta Guacamole
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1/4 pound of bacon
- 2-3 plum tomatoes
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- small handful of cilantro, diced
- 1/2 a jalapeno, minced, optional
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper
- Cut the strips of bacon into 1/2″ wide pieces. Cook over medium-low heat until just crisp. Place on pieces of paper towel to remove excess fat. Let cook.
- While the bacon is cooking, prepare the tomatoes. Remove the seeds and then dice, place in a large bowl.
- Halve the avocados, remove the pits, score vertically, then horizontally so create small pieces. Scoop out the avocado with a large spoon. Add to the tomatoes.
- Add the cooled bacon, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, feta, and lime juice. Gently mix well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Inspired by Fake Ginger
Tania Adrianne Gammon says
ERM….WOW! Its like all my favourite things mashed up into one! DREAMY!
Tania @ http://www.thegammonkitchen.wordpress.com
Jacqueline M. Tinkler says
Looks wonderful! Great ingredient combo!
Rebekah @ Making Miracles says
That looks PHENOMENAL!! Yumm!
Tony Spasiano says
Not too bad considering I am not a fan of guacamole
I am seriously in love with this! Perfection!
I’ve never had guacamole with bacon or feta, but I’m thinking I need to change that 😀 Looks delish!
holy cow, bacon and guac!! LOVE it
Alyssa Mosher says
Bacon is my favorite ingredient – thank you for another excuse to use it!!