I feel like I am running in a million directions all at once lately.
But the thing is with that, I am not getting anywhere. I am especially not getting out and doing any running. Well, I never liked running, but I miss the energy I felt spinning.
I haven’t done any spinning since moving and I don’t feel great about it- physically and emotionally. Spinning was my outlet to getting all the crap in my head out of the way and pedal my ass off until I looked like I took a shower fully clothed. I loved how I felt when I was done. I was tired but more energized.
So I said ‘enough’s enough’ and I booked a class this weekend to check out a studio in Tampa. Hopefully, I’ll love it as much as I did the classes I took at B/Spoke in Boston. Can’t wait for tomorrow!
Anyway, I have been hooked on blueberries ever since we went blueberry picking a few weeks ago. They are just so good plain or blended into a smoothie or baked into something extra delicious.
I wanted to do some baking with them so I turned to Pinterest to see what I could find. I was getting out of control pinning things since there are so many great options of pancakes, muffins, breads, and pies. In the end I just turned to a favorite of mine.
My Lemony Raspberry Zucchini Bread is one of the most popular recipes on my blog. It’s pinned a ton. Oh it makes me so happy when I see it pop up in my feed from someone pinning it. Plus, it’s just plain good.
I decided to use blueberries instead of the raspberries and to change things up even more by skipping the glaze and the lemon.
I loved the lemon in the other zucchini bead, but I wanted to just keep things a bit more mellow. I decided to skip the lemon in the bread and in the glaze, but keep the tartness by using buttermilk. I love buttermilk, it just gives recipes a bit more pop compared to using just milk.
The bread is great with the tangy buttermilk, sweet blueberries, and refreshing zucchini. Plus, I just love the green speckles throughout it. And the bursted blueberries. OMG, the best!!
Summer is all about breads like this!
Blueberry Buttermilk Zucchini Bread
Makes 1 9×5 loaf
- 2 Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup buttermilk
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5″ loaf pan, set aside.
- In large bowl, blend flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the mixer bowl of a stand mixer/medium-sized bowl, beat 2 eggs well. Then add oil and sugar, and beat on low until well combined. Add the buttermilk, blend everything well.
- Gently mix in the zucchini until just evenly distributed.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.