We are almost half way through the week. yay!!!!!
I am really trying to turn my attitude around and think positively when things are spinning around me. I am trying to live my life with a ‘half full’ attitude. I think it has been helping me lately.
I feel that you can’t beat a good attitude. At least it beats screaming at people or punching them. Ha! I still road rage at people, but I blast my music and sing/yell along to it instead of flipping people off. So progress, no?
So I am thinking positively about extra overtime money, compared to having to work late. Or that I am getting extra rest and sleep instead of feeling down about being sick.Or when something goes wrong I put on some inappropriate music (don’t click that link if you can’t handle swearing) to amp myself up to. I think that helps. At least I enjoy dancing around to it.
But the biggest most awesome thing going on right now… Gilmore Girls will be coming to Netlfix starting on July 1st. So if I stop blogging, it means I have fallen down the Gilrmore Girls rabbit hole. oh, I can’t wait. ( I apologize in advance to my husband. ha!!!)
My husband says I talk ‘Gilmore Girls’ fast. I take that as a compliment. It doesn’t matter that sometimes he can’t understand the fact that words come out of my mouth at the speed of light.
Anyway, I made this Layered Taco Bake recently and it was a HUGE hit at home. Like ‘don’t judge me, I’m taking seconds’ hit.
I just feel that you can’t beat a casserole, especially one that is loaded up with yummy taco ingredients.
Besides all the goodies I incorporated into the casserole, I would suggest that you add in things like diced red onion that you would cook along with the ground beef. Or layer in sliced black olives. I despise them but go for it if you like it!
Be sure to dance around your kitchen while you make this. It will help lift up your mood and I’m sure will help make this taste extra delicious. #science
Layered Taco Bake
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef ( I used 85%/15%)
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup water
- 2 Cups corn kernels (2-3 ears)
- 19.75 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounce can would be fine too)
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 7 ounce can of diced green chilies
- 3 Cups Mexican blend of shredded cheese
- 12 flour tortillas, halved
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Over medium heat, brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Break up the meat while it browns. Add the seasoning and water, mix well. Mix in the corn and the beans. Turn off the heat.
- While the meat is browning, combine the sour cream and salsa. Set aside.
- In an 9×13 pan layer the tortilla pieces to cover the bottom of the pan. ( I used 9 pieces)
- Then spread 1/2 of the sour cream and salsa mixture on the tortillas, then evenly add 1/3 of the beef mixture, 1/3 of the chilies, and then 1/3 of the cheese.
- Add more tortillas on, I only used 7 pieces for this layer) then repeat with the sour cream and salsa mixture, beef, chilies, and cheese. Then finish with the remaining tortillas, sour cream and salsa mixture, beef, chilies, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Let sit for 10 minutes prior to cutting and serving.
Tony Spasiano says
This is a different take on lasagna. It was really, really good.
Strength and Sunshine says
That is a great dinner to warm you right up!
Taylor Kiser says
Love all those delicious layers! Perfect dinner for busy weeknights!