It’s the last day of S’mores Week 2016.
Amanda and I have had a blast making all these S’mores treats. 10 in total!!
That’s a lot of chocolate, graham cracker and marshmallows.
I lost track of how many times I’ve gone to the grocery store for ‘just one more bag of mini marshmallows”.
While my family has been enjoying some treats (I actually share most with neighbors and our coworkers), they are thankful that S’mores week is wrapping up so I can fully clear off the kitchen counter of all the s’mores goodies. I get it, nothing worse than being surrounded by sweets and they are all off limits to you. ha!
But I think giving me the time to whip them into goodies like these Chocolate Chip Cookie Smores Bars and S’mores Cheese Balls and S’mores Crack is worth the wait!!
Also worth the wait… our S’more Ebook!!
We are putting the finishing touches on our ebook that is a collection of the S’mores recipes we have shared on our blogs over the years, plus brand spankin’ new ones that we not posted here before! So many S’mores!!!!!!
In the mean time, make these Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars and enjoy the weekend while we wrap things up.
The bars consist of layers of a graham cracker base, chocolate chip cookie layer, and a roasty, toasty marshmallow and chocolate layer.
How can you beat the combination of S’mores and Chocolate Chip Cookies?!?!
That is why you just have to make these delicious treats!
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Makes 24 bars
For the graham cracker crust
- 2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter, melted
For the cookie layer
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) of semi sweet chocolate chips
For the top layer
- 2 Cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Hersey Bars, broken into segments
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13×9 glass pan.
- Make the graham cracker crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Evenly spread in the pan
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately add the marshmallows to the top. Place under your broiler for 1-2 minutes (keep an eye on it!) to melt and lightly toast the marshmallows.
- Sporadically place the chocolate pieces. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.
Whip up this S’mores Granola this weekend that Amanda is sharing over on her blog! It’s the perfect topping for some granola or