NEW SHOWS!!!! NEW SHOWS ARE HERE!!!!!!!
Shoot, I am so excited about new shows and my favorites starting up again. So excited.
I can’t wait to check out The Good Place, Designated Survivor, and This is Us. And I can’t wait for Grey’s to be back. I can’t break away from Grey’s. I love it.
I have my Hulu account all queued up for all the shows.
I would love to watch Grey’s on Thursday’s but it’s Price’s birthday, and he would rather run into traffic than to have to watch that, especially on his birthday. So, please, no spoilers people!!
While I watch my shows, I’ll be sipping on some homemade horchata. It will probably be spiked!! Yes! Some rum in horchata… bliss.
I love horchata. It’s sweet, creamy, cinnamony. It’s a great unique drink to whip up.
Here are my tips on making horchata…
Grid the ingredients until they are fine, and then grid them some more. I had much better using a blender, than a food processor.
Use a good, fresh cinnamon. You can use 2 sticks, but f your cinnamon is not very fragrant, then use 3 cinnamon sticks. Do not use ground cinnamon.
Do not use much lime. I am serious. It gets tart if you use too much.
Use a fine mesh strainer. I tried it with cheese cloth- nope.
Whip up a batch today and you’ll love sipping it while lounging around watching your favorite shows. It’s so addicting!
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 Cup blanched slivered almonds (120 grams)
- 1 1/2 Cups long grain white rice
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks (2″ long each), broken into small pieces
- 6 Cups water
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 1″ long piece of lime peel, removed with a vegetable peeler
- In a dry pan, lightly toast the almonds. Set aside to cool competently.
- In 2 batches, blend the rice and cinnamon together until it becomes a fine powder.
- Blend the amonds until crushed, but do not blend so long that it becomes a paste.
- In a large, 2 quart, container combine the blended rice, cinnamon, almonds, and water. Let sit at room temperature for 12 hours.
- Mix in the sugar and lime peel.
- Blend in batches and then drain through a fine mesh strainer. Refrigerate prior to serving.