Taco Tuesday won’t be average when you make these Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos. These meat is incredibly tender and flavorful since it is cooked all day in beer.
You’ll be excited to get home when you open the door to a house that is fill with the aromas of these short ribs that have been cooking all day. I promise that enjoying these tacos will be the highlight of your day!
So, the person who created those YouTube videos of opening up kids toys and surprise eggs is a pure genius. GENIUS.
I never would have thought that would be ‘a thing’ but they realized how easily kids can get sucked into anything with their favorite character on it. They tapped into a great market of Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig, Bubble Guppies, and Mickey Mouse lovers. It’s like a bizarre magic that over takes the kids when they get turned on
Well, Autumn was home yesterday with an upset stomach so I had to make use of these videos just so that I could have some time to do super fun, exciting things, like striping the beds and unloading and reloading the washer and dryer.
So thank you lady with the weird voice for that awesome 15 minute Peppa Pig toy video!
Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos
Anyway, when days are long with work or sick kids, I love turning to my slow cooker to get a great meal on the table.
These Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos are frequently made in our house and I bet they will quickly become a favorite in your house too. We often enjoy them on Taco Tuesdays because they are so easy and flavorful. .
The meat becomes so tender and flavorful from the day in the slow cooker. And since you make them in the slow cooker it’s a meal that is very easy to prepare. Give them a quick sear, set them in your slow cooker, and come back at the end of the day to pull the tender meat off the bone. All you have to do after that is assemble your tacos. So simple, so good!
The tacos are wonderful with light garnishes like a simple cabbage slaw, very thinly sliced radishes, and a sprinkling of cheese. A squeeze of lime and you create a wonderful taco.
Be sure to stock up on short ribs when they are on sale because you’ll love these tacos so much. You can even double your batch these Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos for plenty of leftovers since you will love them so much!
More Slow Cooker Taco Recipes
For the Taco Filling
- 2- 2 1/2 pounds short ribs, evenly sized
- 1 Cup beer
- 1 Cup low sodium beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
For the Tacos
- 8 flour tortillas
- Garnishes: cabbage slaw, crumbled cotija/goat cheese, thinly sliced radishes, sliced jalapenos, chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Sprinkler salt and pepper all over the short ribs.
- In a medium sized pot over medium-high heat, sear all sides of the short ribs.
- Place in a slow cooker. Add the beer, stock, and bay leaf. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the shrot ribs and let cool until you can handle them.
- Remove the bones and excess fat while you shred the meat. Return the meat to the liquid in the slow cooker until you are ready to serve the tacos.
- Assemble the tacos by warming the tortillas in a dry skillet or over a gas stove.
- Divide the meat evenly and then top the tacos with your favorite toppings like slaw, cilantro, radishes, and cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g