So the person who created those YouTube videos of opening up kids toys and surprise eggs is a genius. GENIUS.
I never would have thought that would be ‘a thing’ but they realized how easily kids can get sucked into anything with their favorite character on it. They tapped into a great market of Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig, Bubble Guppies, and Mickey Mouse lovers.
We try to limit our daughter’s TT time (just morning before getting to daycare) and use of electronics (our phones), but there are times you 15 minutes, so you plop them in front of the computer and turn on those videos. Then you can get enough time to do important things, like shower or fold a load of clothes. It’s like a bizarre magic that over takes them.
Autumn was home yesterday with an upset stomach so I had to make use of these videos just so that I could have some time to do super fun, exciting things, like striping the beds and unloading and reloading the washer and dryer.
So thank you lady with the weird voice for that awesome 15 minute Peppa Pig toy video!
Anyway, Happy Taco Tuesday!!!
These Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos will quickly become a favorite in your house. I swear.
They are so tender and flavorful from their day in the slow cooker. And since you make them in the slow cooker it’s a meal that is very easy to prepare. Give them a quick sear, set them in your slow cooker, and come back at the end of the day to pull the tender meat off the bone. All you have to do after that is assemble your tacos. So simple, so good!
Short ribs are so flavorful since they are meaty, fatty, and on the bone. I swear that when you cook with a meat on a bone it’s extra tasty. This might not be the case, but I think it’s true so let’s go with it. ha! The short ribs just make such a wonderful cut of meat so you should totally enjoy them in your tacos.
Be sure to double your batch of short rib tacos for plenty of leftovers since you will love them so much!
Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos
Makes 8 Tacos
- 2- 2 1/2 pounds short ribs, evenly sized
- 1 Cup beer
- 1 Cup beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 flour tortillas
- For serving: slices of avocado, pickled onions, crumbled cotija/goat cheese, thinly sliced radishes, salsa, sliced jalapenos, chopped cilantro, etc
- Sprinkler salt and pepper all over the short ribs.
- In a medium sized pot over medium-high heat, sear all sides of the short ribs.
- Place in a slow cooker. Add the beer, stock, and bay leaf. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the shrot ribs and let cool until you can handle them.
- Remove the bones and excess fat while you shred the meat. Return the meat to the liquid in the slow cooker until you are ready to serve the tacos.
- Assembly the tacos by warming the tortillas in a dry skillet.
- Divide the meat evenly and then top the tacos with your favorite toppings like avocado, cilantro, pickled onions and cheese.