How is it November already?!?!
I can’t believe it. I just can’t. I can’t even.
I can’t believe that Autumn will be 3 in a few weeks.
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is just a bit after that.
And then Christmas is just a few weeks away!!!! At least I have already done most of the Christmas shopping we need to do.
Being in Florida this year doesn’t make it feel like it’s November. Shoot, it’s still in the 80’s during the days. That is still beach weather. But it’s funny how it does feel cooler and crisp. I guess that is what happens when you go from the hot and humid 90’s to the drier 80’s.
Anyway, here we go with another Taco Tuesday post!
I have made pizza quesadillas for years. I even had made them using just 1 tortilla so they are like thin crust pizzas. So crisp. Regardless, pizza and quesadillas are both awesome so combining them.
Autumn didn’t want pizza quesadillas but instead she wanted plain cheese quesadillas. She then proceeded to open it up and put pepperoni in it and call it a sandwich. Then she refused to dip it in the pizza sauce until she didn’t and she was inhaling it all. #toddlers
Of course you can pick and chose whichever toppings you like best, but I think the salty pepperoni works so well with the crisp peppers and mellower mushrooms. I don’t like olives, but feel free to add them. Hawaiian pizza is my favorite, so if you like that, then give that a try.
The biggest take away from this recipe is the technique on assembling the pizza quesadillas from toasting the tortillas in the oven to filling them, and then returning them to the oven to melt the cheese. It’s super simple so you can easily change up the ingredients for the toppings you prefer. Also, you can easily double or triple this recipe to make a big batch for a large family or a party. Just make sure you have plenty of cheese!
You family will love to personalize them with their favorite pizza toppings. Getting some make something your own is so special and fun. Plus, extra delicious.
Just eat pizza quesadillas. That should just be a rule.
Makes 4 quesadillas
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced peppers
- 4 ounces of fresh baby spinach
- 8 tortillas (8″ dia)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shredded/grated Parmesan cheese
- approx 30 slices of pepperoni
- 2 Cups pizza sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil to cook the onion, mushrooms, and peppers until tender, about 5 minutes.Turn down the heat and add the spinach to wilt. Mix well.
- On a large sheet pan, arrange 4 tortillas. Place under the broiler, set on LOW, to toast for a minute or 2.
- Remove 2 tortillas, set aside for later.
- Add the a bit of cheese to each tortilla (approximately 1 ounce of mozzarella and a spoonful of Parmesan cheese). Add 1/4 of the veggie mixture and about 6-7 slices of pepperoni to each tortilla. Add the same amount of cheese on top of the filling.
- Return to the oven for another 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese. Top with the toasted tortillas. Place on a cutting board and cut into quarters.
- Repeat the process of assembling the pizza quesadillas with the reaming tortillas.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.