I am really over due for a haircut. But I don’t want to get it cut.
That’s a lame predicament right there. I need to suck it up and go since my hair is looking stringy and it needs some proper attention.
Mainly, my issue is this crappy FL water. It is wreaking havoc on my hair.
My dad has a water purifying system at his house but it’s still not super great. It feels weighed down and heavy. And I’ve stopped using conditioner at this point since that was just making it worse. It needs a nice cleansing treatment and 2″ off and I’ll be good as new. At least when it comes to my hair, the rest of me… ha!
Anyway, this is my dream slow cooker dinner.
I can’t get over how amazing it is. It’s simple but I think that some of the simplest things are the best. Like pasta with butter, cheese, and sea salt. Or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread. Or brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts. Whatever, judge me.
So this is one of my new favorite family meals. I have been making it regularly when I don’t feel like cooking on the weekend. Esp on a Sunday.
There is just something extra specical about these cheeseburgers cooking away while we hang out and watch football. It gives us a chance to lounge around (or do like 5 loads of laundry… it never ends!) and ta-da dinner is ready.
I was so interested when I saw these since I had never seen cheeseburgers like this before. They are like sloppy joe’s but with cheese. It’s like a cheese burger but with more cheese. It’s like a nacho topping but for a sandwich. And it’s delicious!!
Life will never be the same once you make these slow cooker cheeseburgers.
Slow Cooker Cheeseburgers
Make 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef (I used 85/15)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 buns, I suggest onion poppyseed ones
- 8 slices of cheese
- toppings like sliced tomato, pickles, and thinly sliced onions
- french fries
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and diced onion. Breaking up the beef while you cook it until no pink remains and the onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, just until fragrant. Drain the meat.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and season with the salt and pepper. Stir in the Velveeta, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 – 4 hours, stirring about once an hour.
- Serve on buns with another slice of cheese and other toppings. Enjoying with fries is encouraged 🙂
Adapted from Fake Ginger