Did you ever watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
I did when it was on the air and I am rewatching it now and I am still in love with it all. Plus, Angel too. It was great then and still great now. (And I watch Bones too since David Boreanaz ages like a fine wine…)
Not only am I rewatching them, I am watching them in chronological order, per “The Watcher’s Council“, of course. Why does that matter? Well, there was a lot of cross over between Buffy and its spin-off show Angel. So certain episodes should be watched in a certain order, for best enjoyment.
I highly suggest that you rewatch the series or give it a start if you haven’t watched it before. At the very least the fashion and use of flip phones are highly amusing.
Maybe you can make a big stack of these Browned Butter Buttermilk Banana Pancakes and cozy up to Hulu to binge watch on some Buffy and Angel. I highly suggest it.
Move aside popcorn, pancakes are better!
Brown butter, bananas, and pancakes… they solve all problems.
Just like David Boreanaz’s abs.
Browned Butter Buttermilk Banana Pancakes
- 1/4 Cup butter, plus butter for cooking the pancakes
- 1 large very ripe banana (if your bananas are small then use 2)
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups buttermilk
- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Serve with slices of banana and maple syrup
- Brown the butter following these instructions. Let cool, to prevent cooking the eggs.
- In a large bowl, or in a bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the banana, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract together.
- Add the butter and buttermilk and mix well.
- Gently fold in the remaining ingredients. The batter should be incorporated together well but still a bit lumpy.
- In a skillet over medium low heat, melt butter. Add a ladle (approx 1/4 Cup) of batter to the skillet. Cook gently until a generous amount of bubbles appear, then flip. Cook another few minutes until done. Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
Inspired by Be Mindful, Be Human