Umm, Florida… get your act together.
It’s just too cold right now.
As I type this it’s 44 degrees here (Sunday night!). It was so cold this morning that I didn’t want to get out of bed.
Yes, I am well aware that is not really cold. Prior to the move in Feb, I grew up in New England my whole life so I know cold temps. We did the long witers, polar vortex, record setting cold and snow, and blizzards. So I know what cold feels like when you are wearing coats inside since you just can’t stay warm, nor really afford cranking up the heat. Or when your bus breaks down from the cold. Or when your dog won’t even go outside since it’s so cold… ya get the point.
But, this is just not ‘right’ for Florida now.
We went out for a friend’s birthday on Friday and we were supposed to go golfing, but the wait time was crazy and it was just too cold. Even when we were called everyone was like “yeah, no thanks, too cold.” It seriously was cold, but the worst part was the wind. The wind chill temp was in the 30’s. nope.
Anyway, I’m over the ‘cold’ but I’m not over how good this pull apart bread is.
It’s so good. So, so good. I love pizza so this pull apart bread that is loaded with cheese and pepperoni that you then dip into pizza sauce. So much flavor. So much cheese pull.
It doesn’t take much effort to make. Autumn even helped me roll it out!
The dough it simple to make. Then ya roll it out and you sprinkle it a whole bunch of cheese and pepperoni all over the buttery dough. Slice up pieces, slap them together and put them in a loaf pan. You’re about 45 minutes away from the best herby cheesy bread that you yank part and dip into hot pizza sauce.
This is just so perfect for post season game watching. (ugh you let me down Giants!) It will go over really well for The Superbowl. I bet everyone will be loving this.
Pull Apart Pepperoni Pizza Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons warm milk (105-110 degrees, 2% or whole milk)
- 1 package active yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 4 ounces of butter, melted
- 2 Cups shredder mozzarella cheese
- 1 6-ounce package sliced pepperoni
- serve with hot pizza sauce
- Bloom the yeast in the milk for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl, add the flour, salt, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix to combine.
- Add the milk and the oil to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. The dough should be coming together to form a ball and pulling away from the sides of the bowl. The dough is a bit moist so if it’s a bit dry add a bit more milk.
- Transfer the dough to the well- oiled large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for at least 1 hour to double in size.
- When you are ready to make the bread, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Roll the dough out so it’s about 12″ x 20″. Spread the melted butter on dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut into pieces that are about 4″ x 5″. Then sprinkle the cheese over all of the pieces, add 2 pieces to pepperoni to the pieces.
- Stack the pieces on each other. Turn the last piece to face in so the dough it on the outside. Then place into the butter loaf pan. Sprinkle any cheese that fell off during assembly on top of the bread.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is melty. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before serving with hot pizza sauce.