We had our first big boo boo with Autumn this weekend. Poor thing!
After a busy Saturday, I was wrapping things up with a trip to the grocery store. I had just gotten back when the princess requested some water. I brought her up a cup which was not acceptable, she wanted a bottle. Umm no, you’re 3. You can drink it out of the cup. She threw herself on the floor in a fit because I said I wasn’t going back down to bring her back up a bottle.
Now, she doesn’t normally throw herself into such fits, but she threw up on Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday morning so she wasn’t feeling 100% like herself. So maybe I should have cut her some slack but I still had groceries to unpack and water is water in any cup, so chill.
Price went to comfort her but his hands were full with the carpet cleaner since he had just shampooed the rugs (I mentioned the throw up, right?). So we ended up with one of those moments when 2 people lean in at the same time and collide. She made contact with the carpet cleaner and BAM! tooth through the lip and lots of blood.
Thankfully, it stopped bleeding in just a few minutes and didn’t do any real damage that some kids Advil, ice, and cuddles couldn’t fix. And it’s just about completely healed at this point. She still has this (cute) puffy lip and puffy cheek. It makes me want to kiss it 1,000x times a day.
Anyway, these Cinnamon rolls are a diet buster. And I’m not sorry about it.
I think that if you are going to treat yourself then you should treat yourself. These are not a daily thing, or even weekly thing. Trust me. Don’t totally up the calories!!! Dear lord…
But it’s fun for a treat since they are nice soft cinnamon rolls that are stuffed full of chocolate and bacon. The finishing touch is the brown sugar glaze.
I suggest cutting up the bacon with a scissor prior to cooking it. I find that produces evenly cooked bacon that is sized nicely.
If you don’t have mini chocolate chips on hand then finely chop up some chocolate bars instead.
All that matters is that there is bacon and chocolate in them. That is all that matters in life. For real. This is fact.
Shoot, enjoy them. You only live once.
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls with Brown Sugar Glaze
Makes 12 large cinnamon rolls
For the Rolls
- 1 Cup warm milk (100-110 degrees)
- 1 packet yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted (but not hot!)
- 4 Cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 Cup (6 ounces) mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounce of bacon
For the glaze
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup milk
- Add the yeast to the warm milk. Let rest for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs, then slowly mix in the warm milk mixture. Add the butter and just mix to combine.
- Add in the flour, sugar, and salt. Using a hook attachment, work the dough until combined.
- On a well floured work surface, roll the dough into an even ball. Add the dough to a large oiled bowl. Rotate to cover the dough with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let double in size, at least 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising, cut the bacon into very small pieces and cook. Drain well and set aside.
- Once the dough is ready, preheat your oven to 350 F and grease 1 9x 13 baking pan.
- On a well floured work surface, roll the dough out so it is approximately 14″ x 24″. Evenly spread out the melted butter on the dough. Then sprinkle with the cinnamon, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and the bacon.
- Roll towards you and then cut into 12 evenly sized rolls. Arrange in the baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- When the rolls are done, make the sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small pot over medium-high heat. Mix often while you bring it to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes. Drizzle all over the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!