Apple Cider Fall Sangria – a simple, delicious sangria that is perfect for fall! It will be a hit at your next party. Or just enjoy it for girls night in!
This post and recipe is part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek where I have posted some great Halloween recipes along with other wonderful bloggers.
Most people think of sangria as a refreshing summer drink, but this Apple Cider Fall Sangria is perfect for crisp Autumn days. It will have you eagerly awaiting cooler days so you can get cozy with a glass and a blanket.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
My dear friend Aliya makes the best sangria. She brings it to all of our many, many social gatherings in the fall. And, there are quite a few from birthday parties to holiday parties. We can count on her bringing it, just as much as we can count on her being late. ha!
Thankfully, Aliya shared her awesome sangria recipe with me so I could share it here. So enjoy some Apple Cider Fall Sangria!
Apple Cider Fall Sangria
One of my favorite things in the fall is apple cider (and, of course, apple cider donuts!). I love the crisp, sweet flavor. IT’s wonderful cold or hot, and straight up or spiked. You’re doing yourself a big disservice if you don’t always have a bottle of apple cider in your fridge in the fall.
Obviously, this Apple Cider Fall Sangria has apple cider in it! duh! It’s what give it’s amazing fall flavors. All that fresh fruit too. Loads and loads of apples coming right at all.
I love the Lighthouse Apple Ciders in this sangria. Both their Honey Crisp Blend and their Gala Blend are great options. The Honey Crisp blend has a nice sweet but tart flavor, while the Gala Blend is a bit more mellow.
Besides the delicious apple cider, the sangria has vodka and a dry white wine. The vodka helps give it a punch, because why not!?!? You marinate the fruit in the vodka and apple cider so those pieces of fruit are tasty and boozy! YUM!!
Because the cider is naturally sweet, be sure to buy a dry white wine, so it’s not too sweet, but balanced in flavor and finish.
Enjoy a glass of Apple Cider Fall Sangria today! You’ll love crisp, and refreshing the sangria is. But careful, it sneaks up on ya!
Can I use a different vodka?
The recipe calls for whipped cream vodka (my friend suggests Smirnoff), but vanilla vodka is also enjoyable.
How long does the Apple Cider Fall Sangria Last?
Well, if you drink a lot of it, it will disappear pretty quickly! But, really, store in the refrigerator and keep for 3 days maximum.
More Sangria Recipes
- 2 Cups of apple cider
- 1 1/2 Cups Whipped Cream Vodka
- 1/4 Cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Two honey crisp apples, chopped
- Two pears, chopped
- 1 orange, chopped
- 2 750ml bottles dry white wine
Combine the vodka, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and apple cider. Stir till sugar is dissolved.
2. Chop all the fruit and add it in. Let them marinate 4-24 hours.
3. Add chilled wine and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Jack Skellington Dessert Cheese Ball from Big Bear’s Wife
- Spooky Graveyard Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bloody Vampire Cake from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Pastry Chef Online
- Fall Apple Cider Sangria from I am a Honey Bee
- Eye See You Bundt Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly S’mores and Caramel Dip from Our Good Life
- Crystal Lake Punch from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coffin Fondue Dippers from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Poison Halloween Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Monster Eye Cookies from Everyday Eileen
- Gooey Halloween Brownie Cups from Desserts Required
- Ghost Hi Hat Cupcakes from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Kid Friendly Wicked Witch Punch from Katie’s Cucina
- Sanderson Sisters Cocktails from Love & Confections
- Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting from The Baking Fairy
- Spider Cider Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Bat-tastic Caramel Apples from The Beard and The Baker
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”