Apple Cider Fall Sangria – a simple, delicious sangria that is perfect for fall! It will be a hit at your next party. Or just enjoy it for girls night in!
This post and recipe is part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! I would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Most people think of sangria as a refreshing summer drink, but this Apple Cider Fall Sangria is perfect for crisp Autumn days. It will have you eagerly awaiting cooler days so you can get cozy with a glass and a blanket.
My dear friend Aliya makes the best sangria. She brings it to all of our many, many social gatherings in the fall. And, there are quite a few from birthday parties to holiday parties. We can count on her bringing it, just as much as we can count on her being late. ha!
Thankfully, Aliya shared her awesome sangria recipe with me so I could share it here. So enjoy some Apple Cider Fall Sangria!
Apple Cider Fall Sangria
One of my favorite things in the fall is apple cider (and, of course, apple cider donuts!). I love the crisp, sweet flavor. IT’s wonderful cold or hot, and straight up or spiked. You’re doing yourself a big disservice if you don’t always have a bottle of apple cider in your fridge in the fall.
Obviously, this Apple Cider Fall Sangria has apple cider in it! duh! It’s what give it’s amazing fall flavors. All that fresh fruit too. Loads and loads of apples coming right at all.
I love the Lighthouse Apple Ciders in this sangria. Both their Honey Crisp Blend and their Gala Blend are great options. The Honey Crisp blend has a nice sweet but tart flavor, while the Gala Blend is a bit more mellow.
Besides the delicious apple cider, the sangria has vodka and a dry white wine. The vodka helps give it a punch, because why not!?!? You marinate the fruit in the vodka and apple cider so those pieces of fruit are tasty and boozy! YUM!!
Because the cider is naturally sweet, be sure to buy a dry white wine, so it’s not too sweet, but balanced in flavor and finish.
Enjoy a glass of Apple Cider Fall Sangria today! You’ll love crisp, and refreshing the sangria is. But careful, it sneaks up on ya!
Can I use a different vodka?
The recipe calls for whipped cream vodka (my friend suggests Smirnoff), but vanilla vodka is also enjoyable.
How long does the Apple Cider Fall Sangria Last?
Well, if you drink a lot of it, it will disappear pretty quickly! But, really, store in the refrigerator and keep for 3 days maximum.
More Sangria Recipes
- 2 Cups of apple cider
- 1 1/2 Cups Whipped Cream Vodka
- 1/4 Cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Two honey crisp apples, chopped
- Two pears, chopped
- 1 orange, chopped
- 2 750ml bottles dry white wine
Combine the vodka, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and apple cider. Stir till sugar is dissolved.
2. Chop all the fruit and add it in. Let them marinate 4-24 hours.
3. Add chilled wine and serve.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Jack Skellington Dessert Cheese Ball from Big Bear’s Wife
- Spooky Graveyard Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bloody Vampire Cake from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Pastry Chef Online
- Fall Apple Cider Sangria from I am a Honey Bee
- Eye See You Bundt Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly S’mores and Caramel Dip from Our Good Life
- Crystal Lake Punch from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coffin Fondue Dippers from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Poison Halloween Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Monster Eye Cookies from Everyday Eileen
- Gooey Halloween Brownie Cups from Desserts Required
- Ghost Hi Hat Cupcakes from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Kid Friendly Wicked Witch Punch from Katie’s Cucina
- Sanderson Sisters Cocktails from Love & Confections
- Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting from The Baking Fairy
- Spider Cider Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Bat-tastic Caramel Apples from The Beard and The Baker
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouse is giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs