These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are rich, fudgy brownies that are studded with mini peanut butter cups and a delicious swirl of peanut butter. Yum!
Peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect pair! These brownies are bascailly addicting because of the yummy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in the brownies.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Can we take a moment to acknowledge that it is July?! I can’t believe that it already is July. And by that I am thankful!
This year has been all sorts of awful. And, last night Kanye tweeted that he is going to run for President. For real. Just stop.
I’m constantly trying to think positively, instead of getting worn down with all the crap coming from different directions. It’s tough, but that’s where these brownies come in. They will definitely make any crummy mood better.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are a rich, fudgy, chocolaty brownie that is studded with mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
Of course. that’s not enough peanut butter because there is some that gets swirled on top.
The brownies are nice and dense with a light flaky top. Enjoy the perfect bite with the mixture of texture that is accentuated with the peanut butter cups.
The brownie starts with melting the butter and chocolate together. This can be done in a microwave with stirring it after every 30 second interval. Let cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Beat together the eggs and sugar for a full minute, before adding in the cooled chocolate.
Then it’s time to incorporate the dry ingredients. Just mix until combined.
Fold the Reese’s Peanut Butter Minis into the batter.
Then pour the batter into the pan. Add dollops of creamy peanut butter on the batter. Using a knife, swirl the peanut butter into the batter before baking.
The top of these brownies have a nice light crunchy top to them. The peanut butter peaches out from those cracks. A hapy little reveal.
But the best part is when you cut them open and they reveal the mini peanut butter cups baked in the brownies. So yummy!
Grab a big glass of milk and a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownie to end the day with a perfect chocolaty dessert.
What kind of chocolate do you use?
To offset the sweetness in the peanut butter cups, you use bittersweet chocolate.
If you do want them sweeter, then I suggest using an even combination of unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate.
What kind of peanut butter cup do you use?
Use Reese’s Peanut Butter Minis. These are the smallest peanut butter cups that they offer. Similar ones from Trader Joe’s or other bulk stores are also great to use.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces of Reese’s minis
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat to 350 degrees. Spray a 8"×8" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the the butter and chocolate. Stir after every 30 second interval. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar for a minute.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the beaten egg mixture to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the Reese’s minis.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 8" × 8" pan.
- Dollop peanut butter evenly over the surface then swirl by dragging a small knife through batter and each dollop a few times.
- Bake the brownies for 25-28 minutes on a rack placed in the center of the oven. They will be just set at this point in the center.
- Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire cooling rack. Cut into 16 equal pieces.
If you are using a metal pan, line the pan with a piece of parchment that is as wide as the pan but extends beyond the pan so you can lift the brownies from the pan prior to cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 7g