A few weeks ago Price went back home to celebrate one of his best friend’s birthday and help his brother rip out their kitchen to begin the process of getting a new one. Well, I was solo for the weekend so I basically was a bum wearing P-jams, watching the trashy shows I enjoy and he cringes at, and making a huge mess in the kitchen. It just so happened to be FREEZING cold that weekend. Since we are new homeowners experiencing our first winter in this house and PAYING for heat (all our previous rentals included heat and hot water) we decided to use the heat sparingly. So that means lots of layers and sweatshirts. Sexy.
Well, being the super smart person that I am, I decided that the best thing to warm the place up while also serving another purpose… baking. 2 birds, 1 stone. Plus I get a treat in the end!!
The Chocolate Cherry Yogurt Brownies from Chobani are so rich without being too devilish. Using yogurt makes the brownies really moist without adding a lot of fat. These really rich brownies but they don’t make you feel guilty. I think they are best hot out of the oven but if you store them in an air tight container they can stick around for 3 days. I suggest that if you need to layer the brownies in the container you put a piece of parchment paper between the layers of brownies so they don’t stick together.
Chocolate Cherry Yogurt Brownies
- 1 cup Chobani Black Cherry Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8- inch baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the butter, let cool.
- Whisk the yogurt, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the melted chocolate and yogurt mixture together. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a skewer is inserted and is clean upon removal. Let cool and cut into 9 pieces.