Black Cherry Yogurt Brownies are fudgy brownies that use black cherry Greek yogurt in the batter. The Greek yogurt gives it a nice subtle tang with a hint of cherry.
Do you know that you can in fact perform magic acts? Yep, once you make a batch of brownies you’ll have the magical ability to make everyone come running, and make those brownies disappear. These Black Cherry Yogurt Brownies are going to disappear in a flash. *Poof!* And they are gone!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
A few weeks ago, Price went back home to celebrate one of his best friend’s birthday. Since I was solo for the weekend I had my chance to enjoy all the things that I love, that drive my boyfriend crazy. ha!
I basically was a bum wearing P-jams, watching the trashy shows I enjoy (and he cringes at), and making a huge mess in the kitchen. I whipped up these Black Cherry Brownies and had the hardest time not eating them all up on my own.
Cranking our oven, making delicious treats all weekend, was a real win win. Staying nice and cozy and making wonderful food was a perfect way to spend a FREEZING cold weekend.
Black Cherry Yogurt Brownies
These Black Cherry Yogurt Brownies are a wonderful chocolate treat because they are rich and so very fudgy. The thing that makes these brownies so special is that you add yogurt into the batter. It adds wonderful flavor and texture. You’ll love the chocolate and cherry in every bite of these brownies.
The Black Cherry Greek Yogurt gives the brownies have a wonderful flavor and texture from the yogurt. The Greek yogurt has a gives the yogurt a bit of a tangy flavor to them so they aren’t too sweet. You’ll love getting a piece of chopped cherries when you take a big bite of those fudgy brownies too.
Using dark chocolate in the brownies gives them a robust taste, as compared to some brownies that use milk chocolate. I think they taste a bit more sophisticated. ha!
Beside the great flavors of the brownies, I love just how simple they are to make. You just need 2 bowls- 1 for melting the chocolate and the other for mixing the batter all together. I love that you don’t even need a stand mixer or a hand mixer. In the time it takes to preheat your oven, you’ll have these mixed up and ready to go.
Make a batch of these Black Cherry Yogurt Brownies today. Enjoy with a big glass of milk and let those brownies do some magic on your mood. *poof* Instant Smile on your face!
What kind of yogurt do I need to use?
The brand that you use doesn’t matter as much as the fact that you need a rich, thick Greek yogurt. I happened to use Chobani yogurt, but you can use another kind.
Does the yogurt make these brownies healthy?
While the brownies incorporate yogurt in the batter, I can’t say they are very healthy as they don’t qualify as a low fat or low sugar treat. The yogurt does add great flavor and texture to the brownies without adding too many calories or fat. They happen to be under 250 calories a serving, which is great for a yummy brownie, but you still need to enjoy them in moderation.
More Yummy Brownie Recipes
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Black Cherry Greek Yogurt, I used Chobani
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8- inch baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the butter, let cool.
- Whisk the yogurt, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the melted chocolate and yogurt mixture together. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a skewer is inserted and is clean upon removal. Let cool and cut into 16 pieces.
- Recipe Sourced from Chobani
- The chocolate can be melted in a microwave safe bowl or in a double boiler. If you are using the microwave, use 30 second intervals on 75% power, stirring after every interval.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. If you need to layer the brownies in the container, place a piece of parchment paper between the layers of brownies so they don’t stick together.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 86mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g