This Green Cabbage Stir Fry is quick to whip up and is a great meal to make when you want a take out meal without the cost of take out.
When you want to whip up an easy dish in under 30 minutes when you make this Quick Cabbage Stir Fry. It great dish to whip up on Meatless Monday or when you want to enjoy some take out without tons of sodium or the hefty price tag.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
This Quick Cabbage Stir Fry is one of our go to dishes on a busy weeknight.
I always have the ingredients on hand at home because it uses pantry staples like store-bought teriyaki sauce, onion, carrots, and spaghetti.
You might not think that cabbage is an ingredient you would normally keep on hand but I always have a head at cabbage on hand that I can incorporate into salads and stir fries, or to saute, roast, or grill. I love how versatile it is to work with.
I bet your family will love this stir fry as much as my family does.
Quick Cabbage Stir Fry
This Quick Cabbage Stir Fry is a great dish to whip up in a moments notice. It’s a wonderful dish for when you want to make a dinner in under 30 minutes. It is a great fake out take out dish that you can quickly do yourself at home.
This dish is like a lo mein that is loaded up with great vegetables to give it a great flavor and crunch.
Now, the dish is great as it, but you can easily add in a protein to make it heartier. My kids love tofu but we have also added in steak and shrimp, which is my favorite!
When you prepare the cabbage, slice the head in half, then half again. (If you cabbage is large, you’ll probably only need to use half of it). Thinly slice the quarters of the cabbage.
Slice the onion the same size as the cabbage to create a consistency in texture when you are eating the stir fry.
When you add in the cabbage and onion, let it skit for a minute before moving it so that you allow it to brown a bit. This will give it a lot of great flavor. After every time you stir it, let it sit for another minute.
I typically use spaghetti as that is easy to find and is really affordable- $1 a pound when on sale. You can also use a lo mein noodle.
Once you add the noodles add the teriyaki sauce and give it a good mix.
If you are enjoying the stir fry with tofu, chicken, steak, or shrimp, prepare it along side of the stir fry. Add it right at the end, prior to serving.
Pair the Cabbage Stir Fry with some egg rolls or fried wontons for a great fake out take out dinner! You’ll love how quickly it is to make, you can have it on your table faster than if you ordered take out.
What kind of cabbage do I use?
This recipe uses green cabbage.
You can also use red cabbage, if you don’t have green cabbage. Be sure to slice it very thinly as it is not as tender as green cabbage.
What kind of teriyaki sauce do I use?
I happen to really like using the Aldi brand, Fusia Asia. It has a great flavor and a great consistancy.
The most important part is that you are using a thick sauce, that resembles a glaze- not one that has a consistency like soy sauce.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 12 ounces of green cabbage, about half a head
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil (vegetable oil can be used as a substitute)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounce shredded carrots
- 3/4 Cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound of Sauteed Shrimp, Chicken, Steak or Tofu
- sesame seeds
- Sriracha Sauce
- Cook the spaghetti to al dente while the stir fry is being prepared and cooked.
- Cut the half head of cabbage in half. Thinly slice each section in
- Over medium high heat, heat the oil for a minute, until glistening. Add the cabbage and onion. Let sit for a minute prior to stirring. Let sit for another minute prior to stirring again.
- Add the carrots and stir every minute until the vegetables are soft.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the cooked pasta and teriyaki sauce. Mix to combine.
- If you are adding in a protein, cook it along side the sir fry and add it in just prior to serving.
- When serving, top with sesame seeds and serve with sriracha sauce to be added, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1944mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 26g