My favorite parts about Easter are all the rabbit themed goodies I see around and Cadbury Creme Eggs. The best thing ever is catching the classic Cadbury Bunny Tryouts commercial. I love it so much. Plus I’m still ease-dropping on my rabbits waiting to hear them cluck like a chicken. No success yet 🙂
So I took my love of my Cadbury Creme Eggs and went a little crazy this year and whipped up some cavity inducing recipes. First things first is the shake!
I was inspired by the Cadbury Shake in The Good Stuff Cookbook by Spike Mendelsohn. I thought it was all so much fun to make a Cadbury Creme Egg shake. I prefer a thinner constancy shake so I added some milk to the ice cream before blending. Adjust the amount of milk and butterscotch or chocolate sauce depending on preference.
Enjoy your own or pour the shake into a big glass and share with someone who loves Cadbury Creme Eggs as much as you!
Chocolate Cadbury Egg Milkshakes
Makes 2 8-oz milkshakes
- 3 generous scoops of chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butterscotch sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1 Cadbury Creme Egg
- whipped cream
- Halve the Cadbury Creme Egg by cutting lengthwise, set aside.
- Drizzle some butterscotch sauce and chocolate sauce onto the sides of the glasses.
- In a bender, combine the ice cream, milk, and the butterscotch and chocolate sauces. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the blended shake into the prepared glasses and top with whipped cream. Place a half of the Cadbury Creme Egg into the whipped cream and then drizzle some more of the sauces on top for good measure.