We interrupt our regularly scheduled program of Taco Tuesday recipe posts for an awesome breakfast sandwich recipe to celebrate National Pancake Day and National Hot Breakfast month with Krusteaz!
I think that there is something secretly programmed in toddlers and kids to love carbs and breakfast.
Serve them breakfast-y carbs and you have instant love.
I’ve well documented how much Autmn loves waffles, but really she loves pancakes too. And muffins. Oh man, she loves muffins. But, she isn’t yet a fan of French Toast?!?!?
Side story: this weekend, Price made a box of Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffins and Autumn eat 5 of them that day. I got up early with her and she had half a waffle, then he got up and made muffins for us, and she didn’t stop eating them ALL DAY LONG. This creature took over and she had to consume them all! Okay, not them all since the mix makes 12, but you get the point.
So we make a big deal out of breakfast and often do breakfast for dinner since it’s easy, affordable, and just plain delicious!
I have become quite amazing at making breakfast sandwiches. Yes, I will toot my own horn here. It’s true. I rock them. I make them all different ways with bread, bagels, waffles, english muffins, different meats, cheeses, and sauces. I mean, there are even all different ways to just prepare the egg for it… scrambled, over-medium, over-well, poached. Endless combinations!
So when I discovered today is National Pancake Day I knew that I would have to make a breakfast sandwich with pancakes. It’s also National Hot Breakfast Month. I seriously love whoever has created these fun holidays!
I used Perfect Pancake Pan to make uniform sized pancakes and eggs. I love it. Also, you don’t have to worry about messing up the flip since you flip the whole pan in 1 quick movement! Plus, it’s dishwasher safe so I really do love it. I can’t handle doing stuff by hand. I’ve honestly contemplated throwing things out just because of that.
I used sausage but you can easily use bacon, if you prefer that. Just cut your bacon slices in half to make them better fit on the sandwich. And you’re good to go!
I served these awesome breakfast sandwiches with some roasted potatoes and some clementines. I wanted to eat some strawberries with them but had forgotten I gave the last of them to the rabbit. woes me! ha!
Change things up! Stack up your breakfast and make it into a sandwich!
Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches
Makes 4 sandwiches, plus extra pancakes
- 2 Cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix (COUPON HERE!)
- 1 1/3 Cups water
- butter, for pan
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces of breakfast sausage, divided in 4 equal patties
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Start by preparing the pancake batter,
- Over medium heat, on a well buttered surface, create 4″ diameter pancakes (approx 1/3 Cup batter) and cook. Alternatively, use a Perfect Pancake Pan to ensure you create uniform pancakes, follow pan’s directions to cook pancakes.
- While your pancakes are cooking, cook your sausage in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- When the pancakes are done, cook your eggs. (I suggest over-medium to over-well).
- Assemble the sandwiches by layering 1 pancake, the sausage, egg, slice of cheese, and then topping off with another pancake. Enjoy!
Check out this Fun Infographic HERE!
A SUPER FUN BREAKFAST NIGHT GIVEAWAY FROM KRUSTEAZ
Krusteaz wants you to enjoy Hot Breakfast Month with some fun Breakfast Night goodies!
· Two boxes of each of the following mixes: Buttermilk Pancake, Belgian Waffle, Blueberry Pancake, and Wild Blueberry Muffin
· Some fun kitchen items like a pancake spatula, a pancake griddle pan, a squeeze bottle for pancake art and an Krusteaz apron
· Breakfast Night inspiration including sample Breakfast Night recipes
The giveaway runs for a week, ending on February 16th at midnight. Open to US residents.
This is a sponsored post from Krusteaz, but all opinions are my own.
Post contains affiliate links.
You must be logged in to post a comment.