Bring on the holiday spirit!!!
Our tree is decorated! The stocking are up! The house smells all sorts of festive! And our Elf on the Shelf has made his appearance.
Oh, the Elf on the Shelf! Either you love it or hate it. I’m loving it since it’s new to Autumn, and therefore, us. I am flooding my Pinterest with Elf on the Shelf ideas. It’s silly and fun.
Most of all, I am excited for the upcoming holiday season and all the holiday baking I have planned.
I’m kicking it all off with there awesome Peppermint Pattie Brownies!
These delightful brownies are from Sara’s blog Cook with Sara. I have the honor of sharing them with you for this month’s Secret Recipe Club bonus Theme week. The extra Monday of the month gives the chance to find a fun recipe from another member’s blog to match up with that month’s theme. I thought these brownies were a perfect pick for this month’s Holiday Treats theme.
I have shared so many brownie recipes on my blog over the years, and even ones that have peppermint in them, but let me tell you… these are knock your socks off brownies. I swear! I really do swear!
If you like Peppermint Pattie’s then you will surely love these brownies.
They are a great balance of chocolaty brownie, luscious peppermint filling, and beautiful chocolate top layer. And, best of all, it really does taste like a Peppermint Pattie!!! Plus, a brownie. The best!!
Be sure to make these Peppermint Pattie Brownies for Christmas. Santa will thank you!
Peppermint Pattie Brownies
Makes 16 brownies
For the brownie layer
- 1/2 Cup butter, melted
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1/3 Cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 Cup chocolate chips
For the mint layer
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
For the ganache layer
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8″ square pan, line with parchment paper so there are ‘wings’ on 2 sides.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with sugar and vanilla extract, whisking until combined and almost smooth.
- Whisk in each egg one at a time, stirring until a smooth batter forms.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, stirring until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan and bake at 350 for 22-28 minutes until set. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Continue to let cool.
- While the brownies are cooling, combine the powdered sugar, butter, evaporated milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract in a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy. Pour over the cooled brownies and spread in an even layer. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Make the ganache layer by melting 3/4 of the chocolate over a double boiler (a glass or a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water). While you are melting the chocolate continuously mix the chocolate. Add the half and half and mix well again. It will be glossy, but lumpy at this point so add the rest of the chocolate and mix until the chocolate is smooth glossy.
- Evenly spread the ganache on top of the peppermint layer. Refrigerate again until set.
Adapted from Cook with Sara
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.
You must be logged in to post a comment.