Don’t even get me started on how it’s already half way through August. I can’t even.
It feels like I just moved to Tampa in February, but it’s already been 6 months. It’s just crazy. Time flies when you’re having fun at the beach.
In years past, hitting August would fill me with panic as it meant that summer was almost over and cooler weather would be setting it. I felt I had not yet had my fill of hot summer days, long nights, the hum of the AC, grilling, cold beers at the patio table, and trips to the beach. I loved fall but summer is when I feel like myself. When I can breathe, even when it’s so hot outside that you can barely breathe.
But now that we are here in Florida I don’t have to fear mid August. I am enjoying it because it doesn’t mean that there will be an option of snow arriving in 2 1/2 months. Yep, earlier recorded measurable snowfall in Boston was October 29th 2005. So yeah, I am glad to be done with that.
But here’s the thing, no matter where you are or when it gets cold, there always is time to grill. So grill this weekend. Grill in 2 weeks. Shoot! Dust off the snow on the grill!
This Pineapple Jerk Grilled Pork Tenderloin is such a great option too! It’s a nice lean cut of meat that is quick to grill so it’s perfect for a week night meal. Want to enjoy it this week? Then marinate it while at work, once you get home take it out of the fridge to come to room temperature while you prepare the sides (while enjoying a glass of wine!) and heat up the grill. In no time you can have this dinner ready!
Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorite meats to grill up. Burgers are great. Chicken is great. But there is just something that I love about grilling up a pork tenderloin. I think it really is about giving it that char.
Plus that marinade… oh yeah baby! The pineapple gives it some great sweetness while the jerk spices pack that punch. I couldn’t resist adding in the fresh rosemary either since that goes so well with pork. In all, everything just works so well together
Fire up your grill to enjoy this super flavorful tenderloin. The pineapple and jerk marinade packs so much flavor! yum!
Pineapple Jerk Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Makes 4 4-oz servings
- 1 1-lb pork tenderloin
- 1/3 Cup Pineapple Preserves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh finely chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim any excess fat from the tenderloin. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and rub on the tenderloin. Let marinade for 1 hour at room temperature. (If you are marinating longer, then keep refrigerated and remove from the refrigerator to come to temperature 1 hour prior to grilling)
- Prepare your grill to preheat it to medium heat.
- Just prior to putting the tenderloin on the grill, brush the grates with vegetable oil. Place the tenderloin in the center of grate. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Cover your grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. The tenderloin is done when an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
- Remove the tenderloin from the grill place on a cutting board. Tent with aluminum foil and rest for 10 minutes. Slice into 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick slices. Serve with your favorite summer sides.
You must be logged in to post a comment.