These brownies are awesome.
They make crummy days better and good days magnificent.
I needed one of these bad boys this past Friday. I needed a little pick me up! oomph!
Our babe had to go back to the orthopedic doctor on Friday to determine if her hips were in proper alignment yet (a complication from her legs being up from being Frank Breech), which would mean she could stop wearing her hip brace at night. Unfortunately, her x-ray revealed that she still needs to wear it as her right hip is not yet growing properly. It’s such a bummer as it means 6 more months in the brace for her. She has grown accustomed to wearing it but I still feel bad that she has to. Wahhh!!
At least we are dealing with it now as it can result in arthritis and she could need surgery later on. AHHH!!! where is my tray of brownies?!?!?!
For real, I definitely needed one of these York Peppermint Patty Brownies on Friday. Too bad I made these guys a few weeks ago. wahhh again.
Ah mint, how I love thee. Thee, I love thee. I love that word.
But really, mint is great. And the chocolate and mint combo is thee best.
I had a bag of York Peppermint Pattys taunting me. Those little patty’s were begging to be eaten. I was yelling at them back ‘NOOO!!’ I couldn’t open that bag since once I snagged one of those wrapped patties I would grab another and another. And another.
So I figured that using a bunch of them in brownies would help me not shovel them in my mouth as fast as possible. At least I could potentially resist shoveling brownies in my mouth a bit more than just the candies. Plus, sharing is caring so I was able to share with my coworkers. Brownies for everyone!
Grab a bowl, some peppermint patties, and you’ll soon be on your way to some mouth watering brownies. Okay, sure, you’ll need some more ingredients than just peppermint patties, but it will be worth a trip to the grocery store to make these brownies. I pinky swear ya!
York Peppermint Patty Brownies
Makes 24 brownies
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 snack sized York Peppermint Patty candies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by buttering/spraying with non-stick cooking spray the bottom and sides and lining the bottom with parchment paper or tin foil.
- In a large microwavable safe bowl, melt the chocolate and the butter together, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted and combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar, mixing completely.
- Add in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour and salt to gently incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chopped up candy pieces on top of the brownies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is clean upon removal. Do not over bake. Let cool prior to cutting into 24 pieces.