Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream- SRC

What a crazy month! April has been crazy for us with procedures to buy our first house. It’s been very exciting and stressful… so many phone calls and emails! Crazy! Well, that is exactly why I picked this recipe from A Cook’s Quest for this month’s Secret Recipe Club posting. I loved flipping through all the recipe filled pages debating over different things to make but I kept going back to doing this amazing ice cream.

When I saw the recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream I knew that I had to do it. It would be super simple but so intense. And that is what we needed this month considering everything going on. It would be the perfect sweet treat to enjoy to end the month. Plus it would give the ice cream maker a bit of work before being packed up for a bit.

This is one the creamiest ice creams I ever made. The high fat content and that fact that everything is mixed so thoroughly really made this so smooth and creamy. Because of the high fat content from the peanut butter I cut down the milk so it would be half skim and half whole milk. I probably could have used all skim milk but didn’t want to take my chances with messing around with it. I did not include the vanilla extract as the recipe called for because I make my own and adding vodka to the ice cream will prevent it to set up. I found the recipe really easy to make and would definitely make it again!

Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

Serves 8 (1/2 cup portions)

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 c smooth peanut butter
  • 3/4 c white sugar
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 1/4 heavy whipping cream
  • peanut butter cups -12 regular sized cups or 1 bag of mini cups (approx 30)

Process

1. To create the ice cream base, use a mixer combine peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Slowly add in the milk and mix until all the sugar is dissolved, approximately 2 full minutes. Add the heavy cream, beat until well combined and smooth.  Refrigerate at least 1 hour to chill the mixture.
  2. Chop up your peanut butter cups and freeze the pieces.
  3. After the ice cream base as chilled, follow your ice cream makers directions to process the ice cream.
  4. When you ice cream is done, quickly transfer it to a cold bowl to mix in the frozen pieces of peanut butter cups.
  5. You can enjoy the ice cream now with a soft-serve consistency at this point.  Or you can let it chill again, for a least another hour to set up

____________________

Secret Recipe Club

Check out my previous Secret Recipe Club Posts:

March: Sauteed Green Beans with Lemon and Almonds

February: Fried Pickles

December: Shrimp Sriracha Stir Fry

November: Vegetable Enchiladas

October: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Check out the rest of the reveal day posts!

____________________

Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.

About these ads

Mom. Bostonian. Rabbit and Boston Terrier owner. Home cook. Scrapbooker. Sperry and Kate Spade addict. Never without my phone.
This entry was posted in Cooking and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream- SRC

1. Kirstin says:

OOOOOOh YUMMY! That sounds so good! I love peanut butter cups so would probably love this for sure!

2. Melissa says:

Good luck with your new house! I just went through the process a few months ago, and while it can be crazy, finally owning your first house is such a great feeling!! Awesome recipe, by the way! Its a little chilly here right now, but as soon as it warms up, I can’t wait to give this a try!!

3. Jane says:

This sounds so good! I just got an ice cream maker too! BTW, I love your honeycomb!

4. Bean says:

Oh man does this ever look good! Peanut butter cup ice cream is probably one of the best ideas ever.

5. avrilm2468 says:

Yum. Yum. And MORE yum! I LOVE that you choose to make this ice cream – my kind of gal! I will be making this ice cream ASAP….I have to it looks so darn good! :-)

6. We have the same ice cream maker! I seriously would’ve never thought about the vodka in the vanilla. I wonder if I’ve made that mistake and then wondered why it didn’t firm up. Hmm.

7. ruchibmathur says:

Looks yummy! A must try in this hot summer weather…

Ruchi

8. bakeaholicmama says:

Looks awesome!! I love peanut butter iceream. I don’t own an icecream maker. Must buy before summer!!

9. oh yum! this sounds absolutely divine. i could definitely go for a bowl right now!

10. Megan says:

nom nom nom!! i need to get an ice cream maker!! this looks amazing.

11. Rituparna says:

That looks delicious! Getting an ice-cream maker is climbing high on my list of must have luxuries. Peanut butter ice-cream, it dosen’t get an better.

12. Pingback: Berry Brownie Torte- SRC |