I can’t wait for Memorial Day.
Summer is my favorite time of year and Memorial Day weekend is the unoffical kickoff to summer. It’s going to be gloomy in Boston this weekend but I don’t care! We are grilling no matter what!!! I just love this weekend and what it represents so I was excited when Amanda picked Memorial Day for our Thirsty Thursday theme this week.
I know everyone thinks of flags for the Fourth of July but I think of the Red, White, and Blue just as much now. So that is why I made a Red, White, and Blue Sangria. Sure, sure the pineapple is actually yellow but let’s play along and say it represents the white. It’s a great summery drink to enjoy now or for the Fourth of July
Amanda made Sarasota Lemonade. It’s perfectly refreshing and a great drink to cool off with while taking in some sun this summer! Sounds so good that I might have to sneak some to the beach… shh don’t tell!!
Red, White, and Blue Sangria
Makes 8 servings
- 1 bottle dry white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups hulled and sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 pineapple chunks
- 2 cups Sprite
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the Sprite, in a large punch bowl or pitcher and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Serve well-chilled with a good scoop of fruit floating in each drink.
Inspired by Recipe Girl