This Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili will keep you warm & cozy all winter long. It’s hearty & healthy, but without all the fuss. The perfect, easy dinner!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
I love our slow cooker. We use it all the time!
Do you have a slow cooker? If not, you need one!!! It’s so awesome.
Price and I are too busy to cook every night so we turn to our slow cooker to help us out. Price makes really good pulled pork/chicken and ribs in it. I generally stick to chili, but we have a few slow cooker cookbooks that help inspire us.
Price once gifted my mom a slow cooker for Christmas, so we then whipped up this awesome Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili. It was a big hit because she loves chili, liked that we used turkey because it was then nice and lean. Plus, it’s so great that it’s a meal that can be prepped quickly, and then it’s ready when you get home from work. The perfect way to end a busy work day.
Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Besides ease, I love that slow cookers are so wonderful at making yummy comfort food. Stews, soup, chili. All delicious cozy food that is perfect for the cold nights that greet us far sooner than I like.
For real, can we just slow down the cold weather for just a minute? I’m starting to reach my cold limit and it’s not even November yet. I’m in trouble, espcially since it was just recently snowy. Yep, snow in October- I can’t handle it!!!!!
Anyway, I love making this Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili, even if I make it different just about every time. But I think I’ve nailed it after my many, many batches to figure it out. This is the perfect amount of meat to beans, great amount of onion and pepper, and just the right amount of heat. Bite after bite is perfect!
If you enjoy it pretty spicy, then add some more heat to it with spices or with some hot sauce directly into the chili. I like to add my spice on top when I serve it up.And I think that jalapenos are the best for that.
Stay cozy and make a big batch of this Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili. Making some cornbread to go along with it… nope, not a bad idea either!
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 Cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 15.5 ounce can red beans, drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 4 ounce can of green chilies, mild
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup of beer, broth, or water
- Place the raw ground turkey and tomato paste into the bowl of a 6-8 quart slow cooker. Break up the turkey into very small pieces, combining it with the tomato paste in the process.(I suggest using a wooden spoon).
- Ad the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve hot with sides such as cornbread, baked potato, rice. Garnish with sour cream, jalapenos, cheese, hot sauce, chopped scallions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 1195mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 12gSugar: 8gProtein: 28g