So I’m going to let you in on a little secret… Mint and Chocolate ROCK together. Oh, so you don’t like that combo? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!! Alright, I won’t throw you to the curb but really? Ew. Besides mint in iced tea I think that mint and chocolate is the best.
Once I saw this bag of Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips I knew I had to dive right in and get right to baking. I toyed around with a bunch of ideas but I wanted to stick to chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!! So I found this amazing double chocolate chip cookie recipe and got started on making some holiday cheer cookies.
Grab some milk and some cookies since these are a winter time winter. They are soft, fudgy, and minty. The texture is slightly chewy from the dense chocolate dough and the tons of chocolate and mint chips. Oh, those mint chips. I want to add them in everything… stay tuned…
Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar (I split it between white sugar and brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz (2 cups)semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz Andes Creme De Menthe baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and mint chips. Drop rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring onto racks to cool completely.
Jillian (@jillian_CLS) says
My sister is one of those weird people that hate chocolate and mint together. I, on the other hand, love it. Mint hot chocolate, Junior Mints, those mint chocolates you get from Olive Garden (ha)…love it all!
I also bought a packaged of Andes Chips so I have saved your recipe and I might try these! Thanks!
amanda @ fake ginger says
Love chocolate and mint this time of year! Send me cookies!