Peppermint Chip Brownies will get you in the season with the irresistible combination of mint and chocolate flavors. Be sure to make some for Santa too!
post from 12/19/12, pictures updated 12/9/18
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
I’ve been such a horrible slacker this holiday season. I am behind with everything, but really, I think I always am. So, no difference than the norm then! ha!
I’m still running around scrambling shopping for gifts. This is the first time we haven’t gotten a fresh tree. There just is so much going on. I quickly made a colorful paper chain and hung it on our front windows. We’re doing our best, but things just feel super messy with presents on the floor in the living room without a tree. Minor stuff, but things just feel off.
Sadly, I’m was not feeling super festive, and then the shooting in Newtown happened. It has zapped all the energy out of me. My heart and heard hurts when I think about it.
I’m trying to stay positive. So, I’m distracting myself with baking.
Right now, I’m hooked on making brownies. I think I have found the perfect recipe that I have been tweaking to make my very own. I love it because it’s simple and produces the most delectable fudgy brownies.
Are you a cake-y brownie person? Or a fudge-y brownie person?
I am alllllll about enjoying fudgy brownie. The brownie when you take a bit sorta sticks to your teeth. I love the center pieces because they are so moist and gooey. Even edge pieces are great, but I am always gonna take a center piece, if I can.
I have adapted my go to brownie recipe just a smidgen to make them yummy Peppermint Chip Brownies. I couldn’t resist adding minty Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips to them to give them a fun seasonal kick. The mint and chocolate combo just can’t be beat. Plus, I love how it just makes me feel cozy. Pure winter!
You’ll love making these because you don’t even need a stand mixer. Grab a big bowl and a spoon, and get to work. In about 10 minutes these Peppermint Chip Brownies will be ready to go into the oven and you’ll be ho-ho- happier in no time with a brownie in hand.
So, if you’re like me, and not prepared for Christmas. Just whip up a batch of these Peppermint Chip Brownies, stress eat them while doing some online shopping. You’ll feel better in no time!
- 10 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by buttering the bottom and sides. Cut a piece of parchment to fit into the bottom of the pan, spray the parchment. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and butter together in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted and combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar, mix completely. Add in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and peppermint chips to gently incorporate
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is clean upon removal. Let cool prior to cutting into 24 pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g