Another Monday. Another exhaustive start to the week.
Pricer and I kicked some garden butt this weekend. He worked in back attacking weeds and digging out the million rocks and chunks of broken concrete in the ground there. (Major thanks to the contractors, who instead of having the chunks of the driveway they dug into hauled away, just threw all of it into the garden. THANKS d-bags.) I worked in front digging up part of the lawn to plant some flowers and some seeds for 5 varieties of flowers, including moon flowers and canterbury bells. Plus some container work transplanting some little trees into bigger pots and prepping for some summer veggies and herbs.
Man, I wish I had a slice of this bad boy for breakfast today. It would totally jump start my week!
Moist banana cake topped with a dreamy cream cheese frosting. It would totally work for dessert or breakfast. Right?!?!
I just made this cake last week but I’ve already planned on making it again soon. I bought more bananas for them to chill out and get nice and soft so they can be whipped up into this stunning cake.
This month’s Secret Recipe Club recipe is from K&K Test Kitchen. Mother and daughter duo, Kim and Kelesy, started the blog in 2010 as a creative outlet to be able to document and share cooking adventures with family and friends. Since they they have made some fantastic recipes that had me really interested when i was browsing their blog.
It’s funny tho. As I scrolled through the recipe index I saw their Banana Bundt Cake and immediatly knew that tthe recipe that I would make. Still I browsed aorund and saw some great recipes that I wrote down just to give a try one day. Like this Sun-dried Tomato, Corn, and Bacon Pasta sounds awesome. And I think I’ll have to make this Strawberry Peach Sangria one day for Thirsty Thursday.
Banana Bundt Cake
Makes 8-12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a large Bundt Pan by generously buttering and then lightly dusting the sides with flour.
- Whisk the flours, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt together.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and beat at medium speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each egg.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and mix in the bananas. Finally, mix in half the dry ingredients, all the greek yogurt, and then the rest of the flour mixture.
- Scrape the batter into the pan, rap the pan on the counter to de-bubble the batter and smooth the top.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted deep into the center of the cake comes out clean. Check the cake after about 30 minutes, if it is browning too quickly, cover it loosely with a foil tent.
- Transfer the cake to a rack and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding on the rack to cool to room temp.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese and the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract, beat again until it is thoroughly mixed and spreadable. Add more cream if you want a thinner icing.
- Spread onto the cooled cake.
Adapted from: K & K Test Kitchen
Check out my previous Secret Recipe Club Posts
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.