I enjoyed last year’s Thirsty Thursday’s posts so much that I started to think of another series that I could tackle. I wanted to do something that was a bit more of a challenge for me. I was thinking of breads and pizzas but then I would be eating a lot of carbs and cheese. And neither of of those are easy to share with other, which is what I really like to do. So I kept thinking and decided that I would have a year of PIES!!!!
I want to conquer making homemade crusts, creating lattice top pies, making the perfect crimped edge, and creating the perfect filling. This will be a year of fruit pies, chess pies, savory pies, chocolate pies, and meringue topped pies. There will be deep dish pies, tarts, mini pies, and hand pies. This will be an awesome year.
So I am kicking this year off with this Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. It’s the combo of 2 great things… chocolate chip cookies and pie!!! And it’s just as amazing as you imagine.
The key to making this super simple pie is slowly incorporating the ingredients into each other. This makes the pie really smooth and light in texture. As well, the butter needs to be really soft as you are adding it into the rest of the beaten ingredients and you really don’t want any lumps.
The pie is best right out of the oven but if you can’t enjoy it right then you should just microwave it on a low power level until it is warmed through again. It makes the chocolate chips ooey gooey and irresistible.
Stay tuned for another irresistible pie recipe next week!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 1 9″ pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (6 oz.) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place pie crust in pie plate.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of stand mixer on high speed until foamy.]
- One at a time, slowly beat in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and flour until each is incorporated into the eggs. Beat in the softened butter. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Spoon the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Sourced from Nestle