Ah, so here I am posting my last Sprint Cup Snacks recipe on the day the 2014 NASCAR season kicks off. Well, a little late there.
But what I think that matters is that we are getting to enjoy some racing today. I love the last race of the season at Homestead as much as I love the first race at Daytona. Both are great for different reasons. At homestead we get to see a season’s worth of racing come together to crown a champion. So what is that champion supposed to do?
They are supposed to celebrate with some bubbly!!!
And in this case you can celebrate the start of the 2014 NASCAR racing season as well. 🙂
Well, I wanted to make something that was patriotic for the sport that is born and breed in the good ol’ U.S of A and, of course, it had to be perfect for celebrating a great win. So I made a drink that is perfect for toasting a win.
The fruit purees add great flavor to the champagne and the colors are a great way to show some red, white, and blue pride!
I hope you enjoy all the races this year and give my Sprint Cup Snacks recipes a try!
Red, White, and Bubbles
Makes 4 drinks
- 1 Bottle of champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- Blend the strawberries to puree the fruit. Set aside
- Then, in a separate blender or in same blender that has been cleaned, blend the blueberries. Pass the pureed fruit through a fine mesh sieve to remove some pieces of skin to make the puree smoother.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of blueberry puree in the bottom of a champagne flute. Then gently layer about 2 tablespoons of the strawberry puree on top of the blueberry puree.
- When you are ready to serve the drink, angle the glass at a 30 degree angle and very slowly pour the champagne on top of the fruit purees. It is ideal to maintain the layers when serving the glass but just prior to enjoying the champagne give the glass a swirl to mix the fruit into the champagne.