Brown. Butter. Banana. Bread. Waffles.
At least I didn’t try to make it 5 B’s in a row and say Baffles. I’m lame. Ha!
Well, here we are with another Wednesday Waffles post. 3/52 I can’t believe that I’ve only just begun this adventure and it’s already on week three. It’s weird all around.
Plus, I just turned 30. And we are currenty on a cruise. I’m going to say that we are enjoying ourselves emensely although I’m currently writing this on Saturday night before we even depart as wifi on the boat is $$$ so I’m scheduling this post in advance.
Speaking of which, I am HORRIBLE about scheduling posts. I try quite often and I mess up the date, or time, or just don’t schedule it like a dummy. FACEPALM.
Anyway, we are on the cruise having a blast and enjoying the warm weather and sun. And you can enjoy these waffles. Totally the same. ha!
We always have bananas around as Autumn eats them most days but even then some gets ahead of us and get brown and soft. No worries, it’s just perfect for banana bread. Or in this case banana bread waffles.
But not to leave well enough alone, I browned the butter as well. The banana bread recipe I use most often uses melted butter so I just amped this up by browning it and it really makes the waffles fantastic. I just love that rich nutty flavor.
These are waffles that will knock your socks off.
Enjoy these Brown Butter Banana Bread Baffles… with bacon.
Brown Butter Banana Bread Waffles
Makes 12 4″ square waffles
- 12 ounces butter
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 Cups milk
- chopped pecans, banana slices, butter, and syrup for serving
- Make the brown butter following this process. Let cool.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together the bananas and sugar. Once combined add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract, beat well.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the banana mixture, gently mix. Add half of the milk and mix to incorporate. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and milk.
- Cook in your waffle iron until golden brown and crisp. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy with chopped pecans, slices of banana, butter, and syrup.