Summer is in full swing and I am loving it. But it’s speeding by too quickly. It’s almost August. Do you hear that noise? It’s mean groaning!! Ugh!!!
I mean, as much as I love the upcoming Autumn with its crunchy leaves, apple cider donuts, and corduroy, I am trying to avoid thinking about it so I stay in the land of rosé, grilling, and flip flops.
To me the scariest part is how we have not accomplished much on our Boston Bucket List. I shared our list earlier in the year when I announced that we will be moving to Tampa next Spring. We have to get to work! There are so many places to visit and things to eat!!
At least I know we will get a bunch of things done this August as we are vacationing on The Cape for a week. So we can visit The Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory and splash around on the beaches. Aside from that, I just can’t wait for the time off to hang with my family. I already have started to compile my list of goodies to make.
And of course I am packing my waffle iron!!
I’ve jumped from the breakfast and dessert waffle to the lunch waffle.
You can’t deny that Buffalo Chicken Wings aren’t a favorite for people. They are hot and spicy. And you just love how the blue cheese dip cools off those heated bites. Buffalo Chicken anything always rocks.
Making this Buffalo Chicken Waffle Sandwich really combines the best of both worlds. You can the heat from the chicken, rich tanginess from the dressing that helps cool off the heat and the crunch from the waffle.
I used a basic complete pancake mix that I jazzed up with some cornmeal for some extra flavor and crunch. The egg and oil that I added adds flavor as well.
I used my Toastmaster Rotating Waffle Maker by Select Brands. I swear it makes the best Belgian Waffles. I’ve used it to make so many waffles Sour Cream Waffles with Peach Compote and Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream, Banana’s Foster Waffles, Chili Topped Cornbread Waffles, The Best Buttermilk Waffles, and these Cherry Crisp Waffles.
So yeah, I like it! It’s easy to use, easy to clean, and cooks evenly. The flip helps the batter get in the deep ridges, signature to Belgian Waffles. And its such a simple task you can do it with 1 hand.
And I love it so much and I want you to as well, so I’m giving one of these Toastmaster Rotating Waffle Maker by Select Brands away!!! Check out how to enter below!!!
I think all sandwiches should be made with waffles. You should give it a try, I swear you will be a convert!
Buffalo Chicken Waffle Sandwiches
Makes 2 Sandwiches
For the Waffle Sandwich
- 1 1/2 Cups Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix, such as Krusteaz Brand
- 1/2 Cup corn meal
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Sandwich
- 6 Chicken Large Tenders
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 Cup Hot Sauce- I suggest Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/2 Cup arugula
- 1/4 Cup blue cheese dressing
- splash of milk
- Preheat your belgian waffle iron.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the waffle batter until just combined; some lumps are okay.
- Scoop a 1/3 Cup of the batter into the center of your waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Repeat to make 4 total waffles.
- While you are making the waffles, brown the chicken in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. When both sides are browned, add the butter and hot sauce. Continue to cook on very low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Thin out your blue cheese dressing a bit with some milk to create a sauce to pour on the sandwich.
- Create your sandwich by placing some arugula on a waffle, place the chicken tenders on the greens, and then pour some of the blue cheese dressing on the chicken prior to topping off with another waffle.
While I received the waffle maker from Select Brands in order to develop recipes, all opinions are my own.
And now the GIVEWAY!!!!
I have another awesome giveaway from Select Brands!! We’re partnering up this year and I’m so excited about it!
We want you to be able to make awesome Belgian Waffles with their Toastmaster Rotating Waffle Maker (Retail Value $25). You just have to enjoy stacks for those beautiful, golden waffles with deep ridges that perfectly capture butter and syrup. Pure perfection!
Follow the instructions HERE!!
Giveaway open to US residents and runs through 8/6/15.