It’s S’mores Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A few years ago my blogging bestie, Amanda from Fake Ginger, and I had a S’mores Week. We each shared 5 great s’mores recipes, such as Amanda’s Microwaved S’mores Turtles and my S’mores Cinnamon Rolls. OMG, they were all so good!
A few weeks back I harassed Amanda on Twitter saying I needed some S’mores and joked that we should do another s’mores week. My craving turned into another great S’mores Week for us that we are kicking off today.
Guys, get ready for the best week of your lives! ha!!
I wanted to kick things off with a classic. Well, it’s a play on a classic. Rice Krispie Treats are so classic. And, so I had to mash them up with a S’mores to be the ultimate treat.
The mixture of the Honey Graham Cereal and the Rice Krispie Cereal makes for a great combination of flavors. I feel that if I had just used all Honey Grahams the graham cracker flavor would be too intense. There is a nice balance this way but using a mixture.
The chocolate bars will melt a bit while you are mixing the marshmallows and chocolate pips in, so I suggest freezing the pips prior to starting the recipe. They will still melt but freezing them will help reduce the melting.
This fun treat should get packed up into a lunch box so your kiddo has a S’mores treat even when they aren’t around the camp fire. They will love having a bit of summer during their school day!
S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
Make 1 8″x 8″ pan
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows (large and mini both work)
- 4 1.55oz bars of Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- 4 Cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 Cups Honey Grahams cereal
- 1 Cup mini marshmallows
- Spray the sides of an 8″ x 8″ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break apart the chocolate bars into the pips. Place in a bowl and in your freezer.
- In a very large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add in the marshmallows. Mix until completely melted.
- Add in the cereals, and mix until combined.
- Add in the mini marshmallows and frozen chocolate, mix again until combined.
- Spray your hands (front and back!) and begin to scoop out the mixture into the prepared pan. Press down to create an even, level top. Let cool completely and cut into 9 equal pieces.
Be sure to check out Amanda’s S’mores Pancakes!! These just have to be a wonderful way to start the day!
For real, she is killing it!!!
These look delicious! Yum 🙂 😍
Wowee.. they look amazing, and now I am so hungry! 🙂 X
Woohoo s’mores week! I somehow have never made s’mores krispie treats. I am missing out.
I don’t remember the last time I made a golden graham but they might have to make their way into my grocery cart very soon. Love these!