We are in the middle of potty training right now.
It’s been going well, and it’s really hilarious. Can’t beat it when a little naked tush goes running by as you hear ‘I have to go pee pee!!!”. ha!
The big thing is that delicious rewards are working for Autumn. Pee on the potty… get a marshmallow. Pee on the potty… get a gummy worm. Poop on the potty… get a chocolate covered marshmallow. You get the gist. Thankfully, she doesn’t remember the reward system or she would be jacked on on sugar all the time.
But I think that the reward system works for all kids of all ages. And I am speaking for myself at this point as well.
I will have a crazy month ahead of me and the craziness really begins tomorrow so I am giving myself a little pep talk tonight and treating myself to a cookie before it all begins.
I think taking a moment to give yourself a pep talk before doing something big is needed, just as much as rewarding yourself.
So I took a little moment with on of these cookies and now I’m ready.
For this month’s Secret Recipe Club post I was given Sarah’s blog, Well Dined. I dove right in searching her recipe index and came across several recipes that sounded great, like Sarah’s Ricotta and Chard Pizza (love pizza!), Baked Eggs in Avocado (whole30!), and Fish Tacos with Chipotle Mayo and Coleslaw (tacos, duh!)
Ultimately, I came across these Double Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies. I knew I had struct gold!
I have only stayed at Double Tree a few times but every time I have enjoyed their cookies and they are addicting. If you haven’t been to a Double Tree I suggest you stay there. Sure, it’s a good hotel, but the cookies… stay for the cookies. ha!
I stuck to Sarah’s recipe except that I realized that I only had 2 cups of chocolate chips and not 3 Cups, as the recipe calls for. I didn’t feeling going to the store again so I just tossed in a cup of Mini chocolate chips. Still chocolate, so it’s still okay in my book. I also used vanilla bean paste instead ox extract since I recently got a jar and I am determined to use it on everything. I just love it so hardcore.
The cookies are so good. They have great flavor and texture from the oats. The tiny bit of cinnamon in them also adds a great scent and flavor. Don’t skip the lemon. I swear it’s like skipping salt in a sweets recipe. You think you can, but you are so wrong.
So glad that I picked these cookies from Sarah’s blog for this month’s SRC post. My family enjoyed them and we shared with our neighbors too. Now, it’s time for you to give them a try!
It would be wrong to not make these cookies. Reward yourself.
Double Tree Hotel’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 20 (big!) cookies
- 1/2 Cup instant oats
- 2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet, chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Grind the oats in a food processor or blender until they are very fine. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, pulse until mixed. Se aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in a stand mixer. Mix for at least 3 minutes until you have a fluffy texture. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the eggs and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the dry mixture and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips and nuts and mix to just incorporate.
- Let the dough for at least 1 hour, but for the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon rounded 1/4 cup portions (will yield 20 cookies) onto an parchment lined cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an air tight container.
Sourced from Well Dined
Check out all the other great Secret Recipe Club posts HERE this month!
And be sure to check out my 4+ years of Secret Recipe Club posts!!!!
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.