So… it’s been a rough week.
I haven’t felt like doing much of anything. I have ignored my blog. I have ignored it’s FB page. I have just done the bare minimum to get by… pbj sandwiches and eating my feelings. On Saturday, I went to my mom’s, as planned, for Autumn’s bday, and Autumn spent the whole night throwing up. I couldn’t even catch a break during my break from reality.
And in one last woes me eating my feelings day, I enjoyed quite a few of these Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Crunk Cookies. Worth it.
Making these couldn’t have come at better timing.
Sometimes things happen for a reason.
Case in point, I had retired from Secret Recipe Club last month as it as my 5th anniversary and I felt it was time to move on. But then I found out that this very month would be the last month for Secret Recipe Club as the whole group so I just had to pull a Jordan and step out of retirement
Getting CJ’s blog, Morsels of Life, for my very last SRC post was so great because she has so many wonderful recipes to pick from. I enjoyed browsing through her wide selection of recipes, including her breakfasts, pizzas, and desserts. I ultimately picked her Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Crunch Cookies.
Autumn and I made these cookies together, which was such a fun thing to do with her. She is so eager to help out by adding the ingredients to the mixer and turning it on. So fun.
The end result are great chocolate chip cookies that have great texture from oats and rice krispies. They are not exactly oatmeal cookies, nor are they super crunchy. It’s this loely in between that
Thanks to CJ for such a great recipe this morning. Also, to everyone who has partipated in Secret Recipe Club. It’s been real.
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Crunch Cookies
Makes 30 cookies
- 2 1/4 Cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 Cups rice krispie cereal
- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, baking, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugars for several minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beat well again.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients
- Gently mix in the chocolate chunks and cereal.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form heaping tablespoon rounds and arrange on the cookie sheets with enough room around them for some spreading.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating half way through.
Adapted from Morsels of Life
errr, ignore the mess in the background. ooph!