Okay, these S’mores Pops might be the easiest things ever!
But that’s okay!!!!
And it’s also okay, that I am skipping Taco Tuesday this week, RIGHT?!?!?!
S’mores are just so wonderful, but they are kinda messy, so problem solved with these pops.
These would be great for a campfire themed party. Everyone would love them and you could arrange them to have the sweetest presentation too.
Plus, then you wouldn’t have to worry about the mess and the safety issue of having a bunch of kids around a fire. Sure, sure, I was around plenty of campfires as a kid while at camp and managed to survive but I think this would be a great option if you didn’t want to deal with having a bunch of sugar packed kids running around a fire pit with sharp sticks or hangers. Might not be the funniest of ideas for parents throwing a party.
Well, I’m sure some kids would use the sticks for the pops as swords…
Anyway, I used dark chocolate chips because I like how rich it is. Plus, I felt the sweetness of the jumbo marshmallow would balance out the mellowness of the bittersweet chocolate. I have also made these with bittersweet chocolate, which is good, but the dark chocolate is better.
The only real tip that I have for making these S’mores Pops, is that you should use a mug so the chocolate bath is deep enough for the dipping. If the vessel is too shallow it will make coating the marshmallows difficult.
Stab your marshmallow, dip in chocolate, press into the graham cracker crumbs.
And that’s about it!
Makes about 25 pops
- 1 bag Jumbo Marshmallows (a bag yields approx 26marshmallows)
- 25 lollipop sticks
- 1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1o ounces dark chocolate chips
- Stick the lollipop stick into a flat end of the marshmallow. Arrange the marshmallows on a parchment lined surface.
- Pour the graham crackers onto a small plate. Set aside.
- In a microwaveable safe mug, melt the chocolate chips. Mix after each 15 second interval. Chocolate needs to be completely smooth.
- Dip each marshmallow into the melted chocolate until the chocolate is halfway up the marshmallow. Remove excess chocolate by swiping the marshmallow on the rim of the mug.
- Immediately, dip the marshmallow into the graham cracker crumbs. Coat well. Place on the parchment to cool. Repeat for all marshmallows. Store in an air-tight container.
And don’t forget to check out Amanda’s Peanut Butter S’mores Dip!!!!
I would love to dig in with a spoon.