Hopefully, our house will be ready before Christmas.
That is, if it stops raining!!! It’s really not that bad but they were supposed to start on Monday but I stopped by yesterday and nothing was done. Nothing! Well, except for the big mound of dirt that was on our lot that belonged to our neighbor’s from when they cleared her lot. So I guess, some progress?
I am really looking forward to seeing the foundation laid out so we can see where our house is on the lot. We have the plot plan, but just want to ‘see’ it in place. It will then start to feel real.
In the mean time, we are working on a list of things that we need, and another list of things that we want for the house. It is helping us budget things and start to look for things, like appliances.
I can’t wait to begin furniture shopping, that is going to be so awesome for us to create a new space for our family. I am really looking forward to getting an awesome sofa that will set the mood for our living room, which is really open and basically sets the style for the house. I love how open it will be.
Anyway, have you had ‘Christmas Crack’ before?
Well, I gave it a S’mores spin by using graham crackers instead of saltines and added marshmallows as well.
Everything is better with marshmallows.
So Christmas Crack is addicting, but I swear this will get you into even more trouble with the sweetness from the graham crackers and marshmallows.
It’s so easy to make so you better stock up on ingredients so you can make a few batches
And here is a basic (duh) tip… don’t leave your oven when you have your crack under the broiler. In fact, don’t leave anything under your broiler. I ruined one batch by walking away and boom…. burned marshmallows. And a timer would be a smart back up. But even then I sometimes guess the time wrong and I’ve ruined something. So, just stand there. It doesn’t take but a minute or so and then you’ve go yourself some awesome melty, golden marshmallows and not black as ash ones!
I suggest that you make this and bring it to your office or a party since you might eat the whole thing yourself. Thankfully, I brought it into my office so not only did I avoid sitting on the sofa smashing piece after piece into my mouth, I got to see my coworkers ever to casually walk into the pantry and come out with piece after piece. ha!!
I dare you not to make this!
Makes 30 servings
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers, broken into segments
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 Cups mini marshmallows
- 1 Cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill the sheet with graham crackers.
- In a small saucepan (1.5 qt), melt the butter and sugar together over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Bring the butter and sugar up to a rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes
- Pour over the graham crackers. Spread out to evenly cover all the cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly on the coated cookies.
- Place under our broiler (400/low) just until the marshmallows are melty and golden. (I suggest staying by the oven as this happens quickly)
- Remove from the oven and immediately toss the chocolate chips on the top. (Using a bit of force to toss them on the top embeds the into the marshmallows, which helps them not fall off later.)
- Place in your fridge to cool.
- Break apart into pieces. Using a scissor can help with cutting through the stretchy marshmallows.
Amanda is crushing it on her side of the internets for our S’mores Week as well. She made Sprinkle Marshmallows so you can be sure to step up your S’mores game with them. I mean, come on, homemade marshmallows will rock your next S’more.
Tony Spasiano says
This was very good. I had some the first night Nicole made it. I was looking for it again only to find it was all gone. So disappointing.
yummy mummy kitchen says
So fun! S’mores recipes are always a hit!
So flipping yummy! I can’t wait to try this with my niece tomorrow!
Not only does this look absolutely delicious but I love that it is snowing on the post. Made me so happy.