I’m loosing my blog writing steam.
I love blogging, but sometimes writing a little something personal before the recipe gets difficult.
What is relevant? What will people be interested in reading? What do I want to write about? Are people even reading?
I’m in a lot of blogging groups on FB and I’ve been noticing some people feel the same way as me, esp when people poll each other about if they still really read blogs. Most people were saying they read their favorites but otherwise they skim the content of others, or just pin others and move on. (This all effects bounce rate and engagement!!)
The blogging world has changed a lot since I started, shit it has even changed a lot in the last 6 months. It’s an evolving thing. Like commenting used to be a big thing, but now sometimes it’s like “hello, is this thing on?”. So sometimes I sit at the computer thinking about what to write longer than it takes to even make up the recipe and write that part up.
And then there are times when I feel hat writing about how I brought my pregnant neighbor some cake and we started talking about stuff like hospital mesh underwear that you wear after having a baby.
See, did that just get weird??
Anyway, one pot pasta is the jam. Guys, for real!
I had been skeptical about them. Like how well the pasta would cook or how it would taste. But all of those apprehensions washed away when I was cooking this pot of deliciousness up.
The house smelled so good while it was cooking up since everything was saucy and coming together from the sauteed sausage and broccoli with the wine and sauce. And then it was love at first bite!
One-Pot Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
Makes 6 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Cup diced onion
- 1 pound Italian sausage, hot or sweet or a mix of both
- 1 pound frozen broccoli florets
- 1 Cup red wine
- 1 24-ounce jar of marinara sauce
- 12 ounces of penne pasta
- 32 ounces of water
- 1 Cup fresh basil
- 1/3 Cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 pound ball of fresh mozzerella, diced
- In a large pot, warm oil over medium heat until it is shimmering. Saute the garlic and onion for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage. Break up the sausage into small pieces while you brown it.
- Mix in the broccoli florets. Pour the wine in and cook for simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce and pasta to the pot. Add 24 ounces of water. Stir well.
- Cook the pasta 15 minutes. Simmer over medium-low heat, stir every 5 minutes, add water as needed.
- Add 3/4 Cup of torn fresh basil leaves. Mix well.
- Serve in the pot it was cooked in. Top with the remaining basil, toasted pine nuts, and mozzarella. Enjoy with a big glass of red wine!
This looks really really yummy! Will probably try it in the near future 😍
Tony Spasiano says
Another delicious dish!
I am a big fan of the one pot pasta, especially when there is wine involved! and I hear ya with the whole “writing” part of blogging, that is my least favorite part for sure
Marye Audet-White says
This looks so delicious, I love all of the flavors!
sounds wonderful not sure about the mesh underwear!!! xo
La Cuisine d'Eli says
I definitely feel you with the whole “what should I write/are people even reading this” but I read this and I enjoyed it :). And oh yeah, that pasta looks pretty good too!
Cynthia M. Woodman (@Whatagirleats_) says
One pot and fast and easy! I’m in!