So Friday started off really well and then it went all down hill.
The plan was that Autumn would go to my mom’s house for the weekend giving Price and me a bit of a break. Autumn loves staying at my mom’s house. They have a blast together so it’s a win/win for everyone.
I was going to meet my mom about half way at a shopping center so we could have some or lunch and for her to get Autumn. Some Outback lunch and then shopping at Ulta for some shampoo and Old Navy to shop their clearance sale… a great Friday afternoon!!
Autumn had ‘water day’ at daycare so I picked her up right after that since she loves playing in the splash pad there. We headed up to meet my mom, sending her a fun selfie before pulling out of the parking lot. Clearly, I was amped.
Things are smooth sailing until traffic started to back up just 5 miles into the trip. I was thinking “It better clear up around this curve I don’t want to be late for lunch.” Clearly, I was hungry. Almost instantly, traffic checked up in my lane and several of us had to hit the breaks hard to come to a stop. I JUST MISSED the car in front of me. “Damn that was close!” And then BANG! I was hit from behind. And then I hit the car in front of me, who hit the car in front of her.
Long story short, we were all okay. Indy, our car, was not. And we were not making our lunch date with my mom. 2 fire trucks, 4 cop cars, and then the highway patrol came to check us all out and get all the info needed to process the accident and file claims.
My mom came down to get Autumn and they had a wonderful time together that weekend. I took it easy the rest of the weekend and I am now awaiting
So that’s that.
Now, let’s talk this Strawberry Cheesecake Monkey Bread! The biscuit pieces are filled with a mixture of fresh strawberries and cream cheese. It’s a great combination of sweet strawberries, slightly tangy cream cheese, and the deliciously sweet and sticky caramel sauce that is created while it bakes Your family won’t be able to resist pulling this monkey bread away and gobbling it up.
Enjoy and wish me luck in getting the car fixed quickly. Let’s hope I get a sweet rental, ha!!
Strawberry Cheesecake Monkey Bread
Makes 1 5″x 9″ loaf
- 1 roll buttermilk biscuits (8 count)
- 12 ounces strawberries, tops removed, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/4″ thick slices
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preaheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray
- On a floured surface, roll out each biscuit until 1/8″ thick, cut in half.
- On each biscuit half, add 3-4 diced strawberry pieces and a pinched off piece of cream cheese. Pinch together the edges to make a filled dumpling.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and then roll each each filled biscuit in the mixture.
- Add half of the sugar coated biscuit pieces to the loaf pan, sprinkle the remaining cream cheese pieces on, then top with the rest of the sugar coated biscuit pieces.
- Evenly pour the melted butter over the filled loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until bubbling along the sides and is golden brown. If the monkey bread is browning too quickly, cover with foil. Remove from oven and immediately flip onto serving dish. Let cool and enjoy.