Monday, why you gotta do us like that!?!?!?
First, our car Frank has died. Poor Frank.
We almost crossed over the 150,000 mile mark with that 12 year old bad boy. But, my husband had just left work last night when it started lurching and then it was done. It wouldn’t go back into a gear no matter how hard he tried. The transmission died.
He had it towed to a shop near is but it’s very likely we will be saying good bye to Frank so that we can get a new to us used car to add to our family.
While all of that drama was happening, I was taking Hunter back to the dotor to get his cough checked out again. Poor thing is still coughing after going to the Dr a week ago and being out of school 2 days last week. It’s been a long week for him and for me. I can’t wait for both of us to feel better.
I’ve been losing my voice for periods of time since Saturday night. I haven’t seen a doctor, but since my kid’s Dr has seen my 2x in a week she said that it sounds like the virus that they have that settled in their chest, has settled in my throat. It’s not sore but I definitely don’t sound like myself. It’s kinda sad and hilarious.
At least I made it through Price’s birthday party on Saturday afternoon with my voice intact.
We had some leftovers from his party so I whipped up these BBQ sliders. I decided that I could use the BBQ pork we had left to make some sliders, like the Ham and Cheese Sliders I make for parties. I changed things up but kept the essence of the sliders in tact with the meat and cheese slider that gets topped off with a buttery seasoning topping is the perfect finishing touch.
These sliders are going to be an instant favorite in your house. They are perfect for enjoying while watching football, tailgating, or at birthday parties. It will be amazing how quickly they disappear too.
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Makes 12 sliders
- 12 white dinner rolls
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Cups pulled pork
- 1/3 Cup bbq sauce
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese, broken into pieces
Poppy Seed Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced onion (dried spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the bottom half of each roll in the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- Add a bit of mayo to each of the rolls.
- Evenly coat the rolls with the pulled pork.
- Spread the BBQ sauce over the pork, then add the cheese to the sliders
- Place the top of the rolls on the cheese to close the sandwich.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Evenly pour the sauce all over the sandwiches.
- Let the sauce sit on the sandwiches for 10 minutes, or until butter sets slightly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover & cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Strength and Sunshine says
Perfect easy meal in those crazy times!
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons says
Oh my heavens, this is the perfect meal.
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Perfect party food! These wouldn’t last long at our house!