These Perfect No-Soak Instant Pot Black Beans are a must make because they are so easy and they come out so tender. You’ll love that you don’t have to soak them. Perfect for Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo parties!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
These No-Soak Instant Pot Black Beans are made every week in my house. My whole family loves them because the beans are so incredibly tender. And, you’ll love that you don’t have to soak them over night. Just pour dried beans into the pot and in about an hour and a half, you’ll have the most incredible black beans.
Were you one of the many, many people that scooped up an Instant Pot during last year’s Prime Day Sale? Or Black Friday Sale? Or Cyber Monday Sale?
If you were then congrats!!! Instant Pots are awesome. If you haven’t yet purchased one… shame on you!
Just kidding!!! Maybe you not interested at all. That’s okay, but I really think you would love one. Maybe you think it’s too big? They have little 3-quart ones now! Maybe you are scared because of all the horror stories you hear about using a pressure cooker? Well, these are not your grandmother’s old school stove top pressure cooker! These are super cool and super safe.
I purchased mine Black Friday on 2016 and have become an avid Pot Head. Its use is in heavy rotation in our house. From meats to stews to soups to sweets. I love it!
But how is it that I have have had my Instant Pot for over a year now and I have only shared Instant Pot recipe… shame on me!!
What’s that recipe I shared? My Instant Pot Monkey Bread. Check it out!
The number one thing that we make in our Instant Pot is black beans. So many black beans. SO SO MANY!!!
We all love beans but Autumn really loves them so I happily make them for her so that she gets nice and full on a healthy protein packed food.
I previously shared our favorite recipe for black beans, which Autumn actually calls “Teacher Beans” as her previous daycare teacher used to make them and got her hooked on them. It’s a great recipe that I just slightly tweaked to make it perfect for the Instant Pot.
Gloria’s Black Beans are perfect but they do require an overnight soak, when not using a pressure cooker. Instead of making beans being an overnight process, I now can have them on our table in under 2 hours!
I have a feeling these will be a family favorite in now time and you will be walking past the canned beans from now on.
More delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- 1 pound dry black beans
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 4 Cups chicken or vegetable stock (enough to cover the beans by a 1/2")
- garnish with cilantro
- Pick through the beans to remove any stones or damaged beans. Set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot (6 Qt) to sauté setting and pour the oil into pot. Saute the garlic, pepper, and onion until soft; 3-5 minutes. Pushing the veggies to the side, make a clear space in in the pot to toast the spices. Add the salt, pepper, cumin, Cayenne; toast for 1 minute. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the dried beans and the stock.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot system twist until it is locked in the closed position. Turn the Instant Pot on, press Manual, set the timer to 45 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will come up to pressure, cook for 45 minutes, and then the timer will go out. Let it Naturally Pressure Release (NPR) for 30 minutes. Release any remaining pressure manually. Change setting to "Keep Warm" to keep the beans warm until you are ready to serve them.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional) prior to serving.