Skip the coffee shop for make at home Cheddar Broccoli Copy Cat Starbucks Instant Pot Egg Bites. A quick, healthy, affordable breakfast that you will love.
Did you get a Build-A-Bear for your your kid yesterday?
I heard about the “Pay your Age” sale earlier on in the week, and contemplated going with the kids. But I figured that it would be a SHIT SHOW.
I was so right because it was insane.
I tried to really think it through though. Our closest Bbuild-A-Bear opens at 10. Knowing it would be nuts, we could leave our house at 8.30 to miss most of the morning commute traffic, get to the mall at 9 or so. Hunter will nap in the stroller, there surely would be other kids there that Autumn could run around with… nah. Pass
Sure, it could have been possible, but Autumn doesn’t have a Build-A-Bear now, so there is not real connection to them. Not like waiting for a Disney Princess. We would be having a very different “convo” right now if it was a Disney related thing.
Someone in a local group on Facebook, said she waited 12 hours with her kids for 2 bears. Omg. I was snarky and asked if was stuffed with gold. Ha! She did get a lot of flack from people, saying it was foolish. She did explain that it really was more the experience with her kids, where they had fun being together. Hey, whatever works for her.
What works for me in the morning are these Cheddar Broccoli Copy Cat Starbucks Instant Pot Egg Bites.
Pretty good segway right????
Making these Egg Bites is a surefire way to make your morning a lot easier. Any sort of “big batch” cooking helps makes with eating healthier and quicker. At least that is why I like to make big batches of things like rice, beans, oatmeal, etc.
These Egg Bites are based on my Copy Cat Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites In the Instant Pot. That’s quite a mouthful! The name might be long, but they are simple to make. While that recipe has more prep work, to saute the veggies, this is even easier. These is no cooking with this recipe! You just need to thaw some frozen chopped broccoli. That can be down quickly in the microwave. Or just leave the package in the fridge for a day. Then it’s just taking a few minutes to mix some eggs, milk, and cheese with the broccoli.
The thing that is so great about these Copy Cat Sous Vide Egg Bites is that you can really make them any which way you want. The most important thing to keep in mind is just having all of the ingredients total 3 1/4 Cups so that you evenly fill each of the cups in two molds. Then you can fill the egg bites up with any fun combination of veggies, meat, and cheese.
These bites are loaded up with filling, with just a bit egg. If you want to have more egg vs filling in each egg bite, then I would halve the filling. OR you can make a bunch of egg bites by just adding another 2 3/4 Cups of beaten eggs, 1/2 Cup milk, and another 2 ounces of cheese. That would just mean that you just need to pop out out the egg bites from the molds and fill them back up again to make another 14 egg bites.
The Egg Bites stay well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, so you can make a work week’s worth of breakfasts all at once. Easy peasy!
Making these egg bites in the Instant Pot makes these so light and fluffy. They basically steam from the pressure cooking process. A quick knock off sous vide!
I hope that you really enjoy these Cheddar Broccoli Copy Cat Starbucks Instant Pot Egg Bites, just like my family. At least they will save you a trip through the drive thru in the morning!
- 10 ounce box of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Drain the liquid from the thawed broccoli.
- In a 4 cup measuring Cup, add the broccoli, eggs, and enough milk to fill the measuring cup to 3 1/4 Cups. Mix well to thoroughly beat the eggs and incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Add the HALF the grated cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- In 2 silicone egg bites molds, evenly pour/spoon the egg mixture in the cavities of the mold. Do not over fill - each cavity should have a 1/4" clearance from the top. Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheese in each cavity.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Pour 1 1/2 Cups of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place 1 filled egg mold on the trivet. Place the other one on top, slightly rotating it so that it balances on the other one.
- Put the top of the Instant Pot on, turn to seal and lock it. Press MANUAL, and then set the timer to 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes are complete, let Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 5 minutes before releasing the pressure. Carefully remove from molds the Instant Pot. Let the egg bites cool for 5 minutes before removing from the molds.
Post Contains Affiliate Links
Looking for More Instant Pot Recipes?