You haven’t really lived life until you have had some Instant Pot S’mores Chocolate Cheesecake. Very decedent but easy to make. You’ll want s’more!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
It’s National Cheesecake Day and I think my pants got tighter just thinking about it! But that’s okay, right?
This Instant Pot S’mores Chocolate Cheesecake is just so irresistible and easy to make. You’ll love it for National Cheesecake Day or any day. Yum!
For the past 5 years Amanda and I did S’mores Week leading up to National S’mores Day. We shared over s’mores 50 recipes, and created an ebook with some exclusive recipes in there too. All that because we love s’mores that much.
While we decided not to do another S’mores week this year, it doesn’t mean I’ve stopped craving S’mores. My brain is like Bubba’s in Forest Gump… always thinking up fun S’mores things.
Instant Pot S’mores Chocolate Cheesecake
I’ve also been toying around with my Instant Pot more and more. I’ve mastered my beans, rice, chicken, short ribs, etc in there. But I had been thinking about doing cheesecakes in there so that has been my project this summer. Once I had some basics under my belt, I decided to jazz things up more. I did a key lime one but that needs more lime in it to pop up the flavor. (Stay tuned for that one!)
Anyway, I came up with this Instant Pot S’mores Chocolate Cheesecake and I am so in love.
Making a cheesecake in the instant pot makes the whole process so simple. The pressure cooker cooks it up so quickly and the steam involved from the water in the pot makes it just like a bain marie.
So you don’t have to worry about that horrid crack in the top of the cheesecake. And even if that does happen, you just cover it up with all that yummy S’mores goodness. That chocolate cheesecake gets topped off with marshmallow creme, chocolate bar pieces, and graham cracker chunks… perfection!
The marshmallow creme does get a bit runny, so I suggest not topping it until just prior to serving it. Even then, a messy slice is still better than no slice!
Instant Pot S’mores Chocolate Cheesecake is so decedent that you’ll be so happy you made it. And if you share it, people will be very happy too. And that’s all that matters. Tight pants be damned. ha!
More Yummy Cheesecake Recipes
For the crust
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces of graham cracker crumbs
For the filling
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup whole milk plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
For the Garnish
- 1/4 Cup Marshmallow creme
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Hershey’s milk chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot with the handles up. Add 1 Cup of water in the bottom of the pot.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the melted butter and graham crackers. Mix until all the crumbs have been moistened by the butter.
- In a 6” round spring form pan, press the graham cracker crumbs until the surface is smooth and you have created a little lip along the edge as the crumbs go up the side of the pan. Basically, creating a very shallow bowl like shape. I suggest using the bottom of a shot glass or your fingers for this. Place in the freezer while you make the cheesecake filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder. Mix well until completely combed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Add the yogurt, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, by very gently mixing, or folding in. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan. Gently shake to remove any air bubbles.
- Carefully place it into the instant pot, on the trivet.
- Lock lid on the Instant Pot, turn the steam release valve nt to sealed, set to Manual and set the timer for 20 minutes. Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 10 minutes before releasing the rest of the steam by turning the steam release valve to vent it.
- Carefully remove from the Instant Pot. Let cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before cooling in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the spring form sides from the cheesecake.
- In the center of the cheesecake, smooth out the marshmallow crème, pile the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate in the center.