Hi! I am a total “Pot Head”
You might be a “Pot Head” when you pack up your Instant Pot and take it with you while traveling. ha!
I did just that while I was staying with my mom last week while she recovered from a major foot surgery. Thankfully, the surgery went well and she was having a good recovery, but I learned that bunions are hereditary and I’ll prob need foot surgery one day. Thanks Mom… ugh!
That said, I helped out with cooking, walking the dog, cleaning up, going shopping, taking her to doctor appointments, telling her that someone’s face looked like a belly button. I take helping out and cracking jokes very seriously.
I also take making breakfast very seriously.
I tasked myself with making egg sandwiches, omelettes, and these sous vide egg bites while was there.
My favorite omelette is a Western omelette so I used those ingredients in these egg bites that I made in my 6 quart Instant Pot. You can easily swap out the peppers for mushrooms, the ham for bacon, and the cheddar for Swiss. Whatever!
Make these egg bites at home and save your money at Starbucks. Can’t beat a copy-cat recipe!
Copy Cat Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites
Makes 14 Egg Bites
- 1/2 Cup finely diced onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 1/2 Cup finely diced red bell pepper (about 1/2 bell pepper)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2/3 cup diced ham steak
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and bell pepper in the butter until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Take off the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl or large measuring cup, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Add the ham, cooked onion and bell pepper, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- In 2 silicone egg bites molds, evenly pour/spoon the egg mixture in the cavities of the mold. Do not over fill – each cavity should have a 1/4″ clearance from the top.
- Pour 1 1/2 Cups water in the bottom of your Instant Pot (6 qt+) pot, add the trivet*, then put a mold on the trivet. Put the other mold on top of the first.
- Put the top of the Instant Pot on, seal and lock it. Press manual, and then set the timer to 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes are complete, let Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 5 minutes before releasing the pressure. Carefully remove from molds the Instant Pot. Let the egg bites cool for 5 minutes before removing from the molds.
*I forgot my trivet at home while I was traveling and made these, I just took (2) 3″ wide pieces of aluminum foil, attach them end to end and loosely roll up, creating a 1/2″ wide log, twist to make a circle and pinch the ends together. Ta-da! Done!
Post contains affiliate links