Edible Cookie Dough that is just as yummy as your favorite chocolate chip cookies that is safe to eat. Now that is a real treat!
There is a really cool edible cookie dough place here in Tampa.
It is fun, trendy, tastes so good, and does good.
Plus, it has the perfect millennium pink wallpaper there. Insta Perfect!
Anyway, it is called Dough Nation… A play on the word donation, as it’s associated with a charity that helps the homeless in the Tampa Bay area. So cool.
They also have ice cream, which is my excuse to go there. Dough Nation is located near the Children’s Museum, and I typically treat Autumn when we go there. And since we are there… I might just need to get some cookie dough too. You can’t blame me! It’s so good!!!!
I was recently craving some and thought about how fun it would be to make my own.
Sure, we all have eaten some cookie dough when we have made cookies, but we all know that we shouldn’t. The raw eggs, the raw flour. Tisk, tisk, tisk!!
But now, we can eat allllllll that cookie dough that we want without any fears of getting sick. Well, you might just get a stomachache from eating way too much. So irresistible!
Edible Cookie Dough is made just like your typical cookie dough, but with a few minor adjustments. You start by baking the flour so that you aren’t eating raw flour. While that is baking you prepare the rest of the cookie ingredients. Just skip the eggs and leavening agent, and add a splash of milk as a substitution to the eggs moistening the dough.
You can store the Edible Cookie Dough in a container and scoop it when you want some. Or you can scoop the dough and store it that way. It can even be frozen that way.
I highly suggest sprinkling a bit of flake sea salt on the cookie dough before you take a big ol’ bite. It helps make the flavors really pop!
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/ 2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the flour out in a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix until fully Incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and 1 Tablespoon milk, mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 1 week. Enjoy directly from the container or pre-portion using a cookie scoop.
Post Contains Affiliate Links