S’mores Dessert Hummus is for the S’mores addict that loves a good treat, but wants it to be healthy too. You really won’t believe it’s a hummus! Yum!
Last month I binged on Suits, watching the whole series to date. This month, I am addicted to The Americans. Have you seen it?
Yes, I know that The Americans recently wrapped up their 6 season series, so I am really behind with the times. I guess, better late than never!
I’m watching it while I work at night. It’s currently going while I type this. I love ‘watching’ but it’s really background noise as I work away. Ask me what is happening right now… not sure. Quite a bit of the show is in Russian with captions, and I don’t follow along… so… ha! At least I enjoy it.
I love Keri Russel in this. She is incredible in every aspect of it. Her wardrobe is just as incredible as her. I need more turtlenecks in my life. And high waisted dark jeans. And her body. HA! Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. But I can buy some turtlenecks.
Anyway, let’s dive into this awesome S’mores Dessert Hummus
S’mores Dessert Hummus will have your sweet cravings satisfied without you filling up on junk. It’s a really yummy treat. It’s a healthy, protein packed treat that people won’t think that is actually a hummus!
With over 30 s’mores recipes on my blog, I couldn’t resist making a S’mores Dessert Hummus. I loved the Chocolate Dessert Humus and the Chocolate Cherry Dessert Hummus, so I figured I would give a S’mores one a try too. And boy oh, boy! So, good. The texture is creamy, but is packed full of that graham cracker goodness. And the mini chocolate chips and marshmallow bits send it over the top with the S’mores flavors.
I loved it with graham crackers, but it’s great with pretzels too. The graham crackers go hand in hand with it since it’s a S’mores treat, but the pretzels make the perfect salty/ sweet combo.
Be sure to dig into this S’mores Dessert Hummus when a sugary craving hits. You’ll be so satisfied by the flavors but thrilled that it doesn’t have tons of sugar, fat, or wasted calories. Make your treats work for you. Healthy and delicious!
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed well
- 1/2 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 Cup marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 Cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup marshmallow bits
- graham crackers
- In a large food processor, combine the chick peas, graham cracker crumbs, tahini. blend well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the marshmallow creme and vanilla extract; blend well again. It will be thick at this point, add a teaspoon of water at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serve with graham crackers, broken into segments, or pretzels.
Post Contains Affiliate Links