Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are a fun holiday treat that tastes just like hot cocoa and has mini marshmallows dotting throughout the yummy treat.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
We went to our first Christmas party this past weekend. I was so ready to hang with friends, get dressed up, and have some fun. Woooohooooo!!!!
Of course, best laid plans…
I picked out my outfit the day before the party. Dark emerald green top under black cardigan tucked into my long black tulle skirt. My luck was inspired by something I saw on the Jcrew website. But I was throwin it together with everyhing I already had at home (hello, budget shopping!) I had my jewlery picked out. I planned my nails around this whole thing. Perfect!!
I was giving myself a final once over and decided I needed a bit more concealer under my eye for my ever present dark circles. I shook my near empty bottle and POOF! it exploded all over my top and cardigan. AWESOME.
So there I was ripping my top off, spot cleaning it, tossing it in the wash, with my mind racing thinking of another top. I found one that worked, but it wasn’t the look I was going for. It all worked out but as I was scrubbing my top in the sink, I kept thinking “COME ON!!!!!!!!” It was a silly little problem, but it had to have been funny for a fly on the wall watching my horrified reaction as my liquid concealer splattered all over me.
We enjoyed the night my my husband’s office, which just happens to be my old one. It was great getting to see my old coworkers, who I spent almost 2 years working with. They just can’t get rid of me now. ha!
I spent the next day baking up a storm as the rain fell throughout the day. It was a nice way to wrap up the weekend.
While it wasn’t too cold here, it was just a dreary day. So perfect for baking. I only took a brief break to check the weather when the tornado warning flashed across the TV. While it was dor our county, the possible tornado were not near us. Once that was over it was back to cookies, brownies, and making hot chocolate.
Thankfully, I have plenty of people to share all these yummy treats with. I packed up everything with Price so everyone in his office could enjoy them. These Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats were some of the goodies.
These Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect treat for kid of all ages. Even kids can enjoy helping to make them, which is so fun for them. Besides that fun, they will love how chocolate flavor from the hot chocolate mix that is mixed into the marshmallows when they are melted with the butter.
Enjoy these Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats, maybe even with some hot chocolate.
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 2 10 ounce bags mini marshmallows
- 12 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 ounces hot chocolate mix
- 2 Cups mini marshmallows
- 2 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a very large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the marshmallows. Stir while melting. Take off the heat, if the temperature is too hot, don't let the marshmallow burn.
- Add the hot chocolate mix, stir to incorporate.
- Add the rice krispies. Mix well to fully coat the rice krispies.
- In 1/2 Cup batches, add in the remaining mini marshmallows. Just mix to evenly incorporate. These are not to melt.
- Pour into a well sprayed 9x13 pan. Press down with parchment paper. Let set for 2 hours to cool.
- Turn out onto a large cutting board. Cut into 24 pieces and slightly separate them.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate at 50% power in a microwave. Stir after every 30 second increments. Put the chocolate in a sandwich bag, collect it in a corner and twist the excess bag. Cut the corner. Drizzle over the cut treats.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205 Total Fat: 4.4g Saturated Fat: 2.8g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 178mg Carbohydrates: 40.9g Fiber: .3g Sugar: 20.5g Protein: 1.9g