This Chicken, Broccoli, and Peach Bake might sound really strange but it is pure comfort food you will love.
If you are looking for a comforting dish to warm you up and fill you up, especially in the cold winter nights, this Chicken, Broccoli, and Peach Bake is perfect for you. It might sound strange, but you will take a bite, fall in love, and ask for seconds!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
I know, this recipe sounds so strange, but I promise it is incredible!
Think of how delicious chicken teriyaki is with savory and sweet elements, especially if there is pineapple in it. This is similar. Yum!
The combination of the chicken, peaches, and broccoli is similar with the interesting combination of flavors and textures. Seems weird but it’s 10000% worth a try!
This is a favorite in our house. We enjoy it throughout the cooler months, when you want something comforting and filling. Gives you cozy sweater vibes!
Chicken Broccoli & Peach Bake (aka Haha’s Chicken)
When my husband and I were first dating he told me that we had to try a recipe that his family referred to as Haha’s Chicken. Naturally I googled this, and no hits came up because, I came to find out, it’s lovingly called that after a family friend.
I quickly found out it was a casserole like dish that has Chicken, Broccoli, and Peaches in it. All of that is covered with a delicious sour cream based sauce. ummm what?!!?!
I trusted his proclamation of love for this dish and gave it a try… I was instantly hooked.
There are a few things that need to happen before you assemble the Chicken Broccoli & Peach Bake. Nothing complicated but you’ll have to prepare the broccoli and quickly sauté the chicken in a combination of butter, onions, and paprika.
First, cut the broccoli into pieces that are 2-3 bites large. I do enjoy the texture of the stem so I include quite a bit of that with the crown of the broccoli, but cut it how you prefer.
While the broccoli is cooking, soften the onion in a very generous amount of butter and paprika. Once the onion is soft, start to add the chicken to the buttery onion mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove and put directly into the 9×13 pan.
In the 9×13 pan, you’ll pour the butter and onion mixture over the chicken.
Add the broccoli and drained peaches. Spread them out over chicken so then it cooks evenly and every portion gets a bit of chicken, broccoli, and peaches.
Lastly, you need to make the delicious cheesy sauce. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and parmesan cheese.
Bake this in a 350F degree oven for 45 minutes. Switch to the broiler for just a minute or 2 to brown the top of the Chicken, Broccoli, and Peach Bake.
Every bite transports me back to the post WWII era when women were creative in the kitchen, making these unique casserole like dishes. Hopefully your family will enjoy it now and then enjoy it for generations to come too.
This Chicken Broccoli & Peach Bake recipe might have your scratching your head when you read it, but trust the process because the end result is perfection!
Can I use frozen broccoli?
While you used canned peaches, it is really important to use fresh broccoli. It holds the texture much better than using thawed frozen broccoli during the baking process.
What do I serve this with?
I really suggest enjoying this with rice. Egg noodles are also good, but the rice absorbs the sauce which makes every bite full of flavor.
- 4 breasts of chicken, halved
- 2 bunches broccoli crowns
- 1 Cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 15.25 oz cans of peach slices, drained
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
- Serve with white rice or egg noodles
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized pot, steam the broccoli in 1" of water, mixing often so it's evenly cooked. The broccoli is done when just fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the broccoli is cooking, melt butter and sauté onion and garlic in a large skillet. Add paprika.
- Sauté each piece of chicken in the onion mixture for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place all the coated chicken in a 9x13 plan.
- Pour remainder of butter/onion mixture over the chicken. Top with the steamed broccoli and drained peaches.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, and parmesan cheese. Dollop the sour cream mixture on top of the broccoli, peaches, and chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and then switch your oven to the broiler function. Broil until just brown on top.
- Serve with cooked rice or egg noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 338mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 16g