One Pot Cheesy Sausage & Spinach Gnocchi is a great comfort food dish to whip up any night of the week- easy, quick, and delicious. Ready in just 30 minutes!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
I was going to share this One Pot Cheesy Sausage & Spinach Gnocchi recipe tomorrow but I just couldn’t wait any longer. I had to share it today!!
Thank goodness I have the most amazing husband who just knew my mind was so set on this and let me tackle today.
Our to do list is always a mile long, but I made sure to bust through some stuff so I could get to writing this awesome recipe up for you all. So totally excited to share it with everyone since it is so easy, quick, and delicious. I love easy meals, and this is a great easy meal that every family will love.
Well, my husband and I looooove it, but Autumn had refused to it eat. I swear 5 year olds are certifiably insane. At least she makes me insane when she refuses good food. It’s like she thinks that we are trying to poison her. For real, we bribed her with sherbet for just 1 bite. And that was still a major struggle.
But, I swear that this One Pot Cheesy Sausage & Spinach Gnocchi is great for everyone (except Autumn!).
It’s great when you are craving comfort food. It’s great when you want something on the table quickly. And, let’s not forget, it’s great when you just don’t feel like cooking.
“hmmm, but Nicole, you are cooking this dish…” Okay, you’re right, but this is just about as low maintenance sort of cooking as it gets. You just need to chop up an onion, saute it with some garlic, brown the sausage, add the rest of the ingredients, give it a gentle stir, and let is simmer for about 10 minutes. It’s done in 30 minutes. How great!!!
Have you ever made a one-pot dish? I’m totally in love with making them. Also, I love sheet pan dinners, but let’s stay focused here. So, one-pot cooking it so great because it’s, typically, pretty quick to make. But, the best part is that you just need one pot. It makes clean up a breeze! For this, I just used my cutting board, knife, pot, and wooden spoon. The most important thing about this kind of cooking is to use a big enough pot. You want enough room for everything- plus, room to mix it all up. My go to is my 11 inch deep saute pan from Bialetti.
I used to think that gnocchi was super fancy. Oh, silly 13 year old self! But in reality, it’s readily available at the grocery store and easy to cook with. Like pasta, you do not want to over cook it. It’s pretty tender, so be gentle when mixing it, but other than that, it’s something that is great to add to your dinners. Swap out your regular pastas for some gnocchi and everyone will love how fancy dinner is now. ha!
Skip the fast food and the take out!!! Make this One Pot Cheesy Sausage & Spinach Gnocchi and you’ll have dinner on the table in 30 minutes. As quickly as it’s on the table, is how fast it will disappear!
More Great Quick Meals
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup diced yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mild Italian Sausage (not links)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 2 12 ounce packages gnocchi
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- In a very large skillet, over medium-high heat, saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft and golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sausage and Italian seasoning, Using a wooden spoon, or similar utensil, break up the sausage as it browns.
- Turn down the heat to medium- low, add the tomatoes and cream; mix well. Add the spinach and gnocchi. Cover and simmer until the gnocchi is cooked (plump and tender) and the spinach is wilted; about 8-10 minutes.
- Gently mix in 1 1/2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top and rip some fresh basil to garnish before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 768Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 932mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 31g