Brownie Bottom Fluffy Cheesecake with a Homemade Strawberry Sauce is made with a boxed brownie mix, no-bake cheesecake filling, and a quick sauce with fresh strawberries is simple but delightfully delicious!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Do you have a style? How would you describe your style? I keep thinking of that since I don’t think I have one. Well, nothing that I can specifically pinpoint. I love what I feel comfortable in (duh!) so it can really vary depending on my mood and what I am doing. But the style I love the most is what you would call “preppy”.
Basically, my ‘vibe is anything that is covered with a nautical print or lobsters. Thankfully, my friend Nichole let me know about a ton of awesome lobster stuff at Old Navy now. I just placed an order and everything in it had lobsters on it. I even broke my #1 rule and paid for shipping (UGH!) just to get it here faster than the standard free shipping. A lobster print bathing suit… I can’t wait!!!
Anyway, I am also really excited to share this Brownie Bottom Fluffy Cheesecake with a Homemade Strawberry Sauce with you all. It comes together with a brownie and a quick, no-bake cheesecake filling. Then it’s served with a simple strawberry sauce. When I was dreaming up this dessert I was trying to think of something that everyone would enjoy and everyone could make. It can’t get much simpler than using a mix and not having to bake the cheesecake filling.
Even the Homemade Strawberry Sauce is low maintenance. It’s just 2 ingredients- strawberries and sugar. Just let the sugar and berries simmer together over low heat so that berries get nice and soft. A syrupy sauce is made from the sugar and natural pectin in the strawberries. Besides
I love that cheesecakes are traditionally served with a fruit topping. However, I don’t love that most of them come from a can. You know, those jiggly syrupy bright red globby messes. That is exactly why I made that Homemade Strawberry Sauce to serve with the cheesecake.
Thankfully, I have awesome neighbors who will happily take desserts like this Brownie Bottom Fluffy Cheesecake with a Homemade Strawberry Sauce off my hands. I handed some over our fence to one neighbor and then I just needed to send a text msg another to walked over. They left with half a cheesecake and the fresh strawberry sauce. Gotta share, spread that cheesecake love!
Even if you’re not a great baker, you can make and enjoy this Brownie Bottom Fluffy Cheesecake with a Homemade Strawberry Sauce. You’ll be able to wow guests with this awesome cheesecake. Or, at least, you have something yummy to eat while in your PJ’s while you watch a movie. 😛
More Yummy Cheesecakes
For the Brownie Bottom
- 1 box brownie mix, I used Ghirardelli's Supreme Brownie Mix (18.75oz)
- ingredients to make brownies (egg & water), excluding the oil
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tub 8 oz. COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
For the Strawberry Topping
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10" round springform pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according the box, without the oil. Spread the brownie batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until set. Let cool on a baking rack.
- When the brownie has cooled, prepare the filling. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the vanilla extract. Gently fold in cool whip. Evenly spread over the cool brownie. Chill for at least 3 hours.
- While the cheesecake chills, make the strawberry sauce by combining the strawberries and sugar in a small sauce pot. Simmer for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Serve the cheesecake with the cooled strawberry sauce.
Fluffy cheesecake filling adapted from Fake Ginger