Orzo Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing- A Middle Eastern inspired pasta salad that has a great Tahini Dressing that shines with bright, fresh flavors.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
In honor of the new upcoming live-action Aladdin movie, by Disney. I’m dedicating the week for recipes that are inspired by the movie. Have a picnic on your magic carpet.
So, I think that Florida is going to melt off the rest of the United States and sink into the Atlantic. It’s just so hot here now. SO HOT!!!!!
I mean, it already sorta looks like Florida is a big drip off of the rest of the states, it’s gonna drip right off. Like when you melt a crayon and it drips onto your paper.
Yes, know I sound like I am whining right now, but it’s HOT now. It’s still just May and it’s been in the 90’s for most of the month. I swear, the weatherman is reporting how it’s close to breaking a record just about every day. It’s too early for this crap!
My real issue is that we haven’t hit that sweet spot in summer when it rains just about every afternoon, cooling everything off for a bit. I love how that happens. Plus, I love the smell of the fresh summer rain. So, once that starts to happen, I’ll fully embrace these crazy temps.
At least, it means that this Orzo Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing is perfectly timed for everyone to enjoy for their Aladdin themed parties or summer BBQ’s.
The Middle Eastern inspired ingredients and flavors are perfect for celebrating the movie. It’s a great side dish to be served with grilled chicken or lamb kabobs. While at the same time, it can be a summer BBQ staple with cheeseburgers. I think it’s a dish that is relatable and delicious.
Also, love making pasta salads because they are packed with flavor from the veggies in the mix and the dressing on it. I really like that it’s beautiful, affordable side dish too. That’s key when you are feeding a lot of friends and family.
Besides that, it’s great that you can prep it in advance. Make it a day ahead of time, allowing the flavors to meld together, and you’ll just have to pull this chilled pasta salad out. You’ll be ready to feed a crowd.
The Tahani Dressing does an amazing job of tying all of the elements and flavors together in this Orzo Pasta Salad. The tahini sauce’s somewhat bitter flavor is actually mellowed out with from the vinegar and lemon juice in the dressing.
The Orzo Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing features a somewhat creamy dressing that clings to the pasta well. It doesn’t feel heavy like mayonnaise based pasta salads either. Thankfully, it’s much lighter too.
Plus, the Orzo’s shape lends itself well to take on the dressing, so it is evenly coated. The small size also means it’s similar to the chickpeas and the grape tomatoes- making it easy to eat.
Be sure to add this Orzo Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing to your next fun event or summer BBQ. It pairs so well with all your grilled favorites. It is sure to be a crowd favorite in no time.
More Delicious Pasta Salads
For the Salad
- 1 pound orzo
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 English Cucumber
- 2 15.5 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bunch green onions
For the Dressing
- 1/2 Cup tahini
- 1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until it is just al dente. Drain, and then transfer to a very large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, mix well. Let cool.
- Prepare the vegetables by quartering the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Then cut the cucumbers by trimming off the ends and then halving lengthwise. With the flat surfaces on the cutting board, run your knife parallel to the cutting board. Then thinly slice lengthwise several times, creating long strips. Run your knife through the cucumber- dicing it in the process. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing. Mix well; set aside.
- When the pasta has completely cooled, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, chick peas, and dressing. Mix well. Gently fold in the crumbled feta and thinly chopped green onions.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g