Say Boo! Caramel Filled Chocolate Halloween Cupcakes are yummy chocolate cupcakes filled with a frightfully delicious surprise caramel filling. A spooktacular treat.
This post and recipe is part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek where I have posted some great Halloween recipes along with other wonderful bloggers.
Caramel Filled Chocolate Halloween Cupcakes are simple chocolate cupcakes that have a fun surprise in them. They are definitely not a tick but a great Halloween treat!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
I am so excited that Halloween us just over 2 weeks away!
I’m looking forward to the night. The kids will both understand trick or treating this year so it is going to be a blast. Plus,they are so into their costumes. So much fun!
What are you guys getting dressed up as?
Caramel Filled Chocolate Halloween Cupcakes
One of my favorite things to do is bake with my kids. I love finding ways to do a fun activity with them and they love yummy treats. I bet your kids will love helping you mix the batter, icing them, and then topping them with cute decorations.
The cupcakes just start with a boxed cake mix. I think keeping things simple, especially with kids is key.
Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, you fill them with some yummy caramel dip from Litehouse Foods. It’s the perfect consistency for the filling of the cupcakes.
Then you cane make the buttercream frosting. The frosting is really easy as you just beat Dixie Crystals powdered sugar with room temperature butter, a bit of milk and some vanilla extract.
Adam’s Extract Clear Vanilla Extract is perfect for white buttercream frosting. It helps keep the frosting that nice white color. If using your traditional dark vanilla extract, it will give the buttercream a bit of a muddy color. The clear extract helps keep the white buttercream ghostly white.
Then you can top the buttercream with fun sprinkles. Other decorations like eyeballs or gummy ghosts are a fun way to make them spooky fun!
Have fun making and eating these Caramel Filled Chocolate Halloween Cupcakes. Your kids will love the special, spooky treats.
More Fun Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, with necessary ingredients (eggs & oil)
- 1 package caramel dip, like Litehouse's Pumpkin Spice caramel dip
For the frosting
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 8 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Cupcake decorations
- Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- Insert a large metal piping tip in a large piping bag. Then fill the bag with 1 cup caramel dip. Insert the tip into the center of the cupcake. Gently squeeze caramel into the cupcake. Cupcake should slightly swell but do not overfill it.
- Prepare the butter cream by beating the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, incorporating after each addition. Add the milk and extract, then beat until light and fluffy in texture. This will take a few minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes and then decorate them with fun holiday sprinkles.
- Spooky Halloween Snack Board from Big Bear’s Wife
- Caramel Swirl Silly Pumpkin Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Cake Pops from 4 Sons R Us
- Iced Halloween Shortbread Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
- Gluten Free Jack o Lantern Dessert Pizza from Frugal & Fit
- Bloody Jello “Shots” from Our Good Life
- Michael Meyers Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Frankenstein Fingers from Jen Around the World
- Candy Corn Sprinkle Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Bloody Candy Apple Milkshake from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Moonshine Martini from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
- Monster Cake Pops from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Halloween Layer Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Maple Mummy Oatmeal Cookie Cream Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouse is giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs